Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How high will I get wax vs. bud?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by HUNTER12, Mar 26, 2014.

1. I do one session daily and I get high with 5 hits from my vaporizer. Will I get higher if I just do one small dab than smoking a bud? and what's the difference of the high between the two? thanks

2. To get an idea of how high you may get depending on your tolerance, your average bud is anywhere from 15%-25% THC. Wax is much more potent and could be anywhere from 45%-99% THC depending on how it's made and who made it, I am pretty positive that you won't find any wax over 90% THC because that is almost unheard of especially if you are in a non-medicinal state. 

If it is your first time smoking wax I suggest you start with a little dab to see how you feel, I have seen people get too confident when taking their first dab and they end up looking whiter than a ghost and sometimes they even end up running to the toilet.

The high is awesome, but a lot of the time if you smoke too much for your body to handle you can end up getting uncomfortably high. The key is to monitor yourself and make sure you stay at a comfortable level, expect a much more vibrant, stronger high. 

Dabs are great, i hope you end up enjoying them as much as I do.

3. That's sounds good. Just to give you an idea how newbie I am, one gram last me ten days, and thats smoking it daily. That's the reason I'm being very careful in moving into something stronger. Like you said if I decide to up the stake a little, I'll definitely be very careful.

4. If you vape, you're already familiar with what the high will be like, it will just be much more intense than you're used to. 

5. Best way I can compare weed and wax... Think of weed as beer, and wax as some tequila or vodka..

Be careful! You have a low tolerance to weed already; a big dab will take you into the 'I-feel-white-and-funny' territory very easily
    You will need only a tiny dab to start, especially if you are using a proper nail and oil rig -- a blob of oil or wax less than half the size of a dry rice grain should be plenty for you.

Also, the vapor has that feeling like it expands in your lungs, so take a smaller hit than you think you will need. The idea is that you blow out the hit, and there's almost no coughing -- if you cough much, you took too big a hit. Don't feel obligated to pull the whole chamber; just take one inhale and let it out immediately. If you are using a good rig, and have good wax or oil, you will see the difference between this experience and smoking flowers on the first pull. Without smoke to mask the turpene flavors, the individual notes are more easily distinguished and enjoyed; you are essentially smoking the essence of the flower...

I find these flavors more pronounced with butane extracts, which preserve the turpenes better than a CO2 extract. I still love the flavor of CO2 however...

For me, the effect of dabbing is more like a roller coaster; you go up up up and are blazingly high really fast; then you pretty quickly come down, more quickly than from bong hits. Mind you, this is my personal experience. So if you do get alarmingly high from the dab, just ride it out, the strongest effects will pass before long.

7. @[member="OsoArrogant702"]
    yup
    when i first started smoking, i compared joints to beer, and bong hits to shots.

that changed when i started dabbing lol.

OP:
    there are so many factors to take into consideration.. personal tolerance, type of weed vs type of wax, how it was made and stuff. 
    dabbing top shelf waxes is smooth (pure flavor from the flower), potent, and it usually lasts much longer than what flowers do for me. 
    but I have also dabbed bad stuff that makes me cough for 5 minutes and left me with an uncomfortable high and it lasted 30 minutes.

so you are interested in dabbing, definitely go for a better known extraction artist if you can. 
    bad concentrates = moldy plant materials, under purged products (you don't want to smoke butane), dusts and burnt matters, all concentrated into your meds. 

8. fuck man, i've only smoked wax once but i was on other stuff at the same time. your making me wanna start smoking wax but damn i should really get a job first.

9. I can tell you on a good dose of some wax you might get extremely paranoid, hungry, unable to move, and full of thought.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum