Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How high will hotboxing actually get you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Jardeh, Jan 16, 2011.

1. I've heard of hotboxing and I've been smoking for quite a while now, but I've never tried it. I have a toilet that's exceedingly small, like the size of a public toilet stool and it's completely disclosed. I'm thinking of trying it, is it worth doing so? Also, will I need to seal underneath the door in order to get the full effect?

2. i thought people Hotboxed rooms just to hotbox. I dont think it makes anyone higher. I mean it doesnt for me. I just like to hotbox just to hotbox.

3. At a party once we hotboxed a bathroom and it got people who didn't even smoke high i think XD

4. I thought that surrounding yourself in marijuana smoke was a method of recycling the smoke to some extent, but you learn something new every day. I don't think there's much point hotboxing then, it'll just make the house smell of weed. Thanks for the info. :smoke:

5. If you're smoking some kind of piece like a pipe or bong, it won't really get you much higher. It works much better with a joint, or ideally, a blunt.

6. there is almost no thc in the secondary smoke, so all you're really doing is surrounding yourself with smoke and decreasing the oxygen in the air

i never think that i get higher when we hotbox, but we still do it. :smoke:

7. It doesnt technically get you "higher" but the effect of the thick carcinogens combined with a lack of oxygen intoxicates your body and especially your eyes, therefore making you feel "higher".

8. No one really knows if you gets you higher, it's just something you do. I'd recommend trying it. Throw a towel at the bottom of door to completely seal the room.

9. Its definitely worth trying. It doesn't really get me higher but i enjoy doing it for some reason :)

10. "Hotboxing" doesn't get you higher. The THC is absorbed into your body very rapidly and there is VERY little to no THC in the smoke you exhale.