Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How Has Your Personality Changed Since You Started Smoking The Herb

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Skunky Monkey, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Good thread, rep given.

Marijuana has definately had a profound effect on me. I've grown up. I'm 21 now, and it's not until now that I've started to feel responsible. I've taken some deep trips into my own mind and my own history, analyzed myself to the bone, dealt with past injuries and understood why I am who I am.

What this has meant is that I am now good at seeing why people act like they act. I can tell the authentic from the unauthentic, and I'm much more open and honest about myself. And in turn, I can tell when people are struggling with something, and instead of ignoring it like many people politely do, I try to engage in an understanding conversation. This has opened a lot of people up for me, and I have gained much closer relationships with my mother, father and sister, and also sorted out the people I want to be friends with from the people I have no real interest in.

TLDR; I'm more open, patient, just and friendly.

2. I'm 21 as well and that's exactly how i feel, i think smoking actually made me more mature.

3. I'm 19. Started smoking when I was 14 I think. A lot of people that were older than me 5 years ago (still are) told me that they thought I was really mature for my age.Right now, my bro's 30 and so is his fiancee who instructs yoga. She always tells me how mature I am for my age and compares a bunch of things i say with quotes from Buddha. Kind of funny, I guess. I think it has made me a really mature person and made me realize that if you only live once, why cheat yourself?

4. Bud has really made me step back and look at my life after a couple years of smoking.. It made me realize what's wrong with my life and then fix it. I used to have a very short fuse but I believe bud has fixed that.. I also believe bud kept me sane when my town was destroyed by a tornado, as I saw many things most people can't even imagine. Bud also helped me live a normal life with the chronic pain in my wrists. I used to have to wear braces or tape them everyday.. Now with bud along with therapeutic exercises I can go through my day without pain.

I do regret some things that happened when I first started smoking (skipping school and what not). But that was just bein irresponsible and immature...

Anyways... Ima go take a nice rip :bongin:

5. Yep i will man.

6. i stay inside, stay alone, dont want to do much when im high and i have trouble not being high....but that said weed makes ppl chill and just relax thats what it does, and it doesnt permanently alter ur personality??? thats retarded if ur thinking that. When im not high im the same ive always been.

7. herb has definitely made me who i am today. It has helped me mature in everyway and has been a great part of my life.

PLUS IT MADE MY DICK GROW. <----that shud be enough to make everyone want some herb

8. im definetly more calm and i enjoy music a lot more. i also think more positively abt new and different topics/ideas :)

9. #89 Burgh4Life, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    ...ur an idiot.

No need for the name calling. Mat369

10. Well when I am high I am more patient and easy going. But all in all I have found I have a more positive outlook on life before I really started my daily medicating I was more down on life and always looked at the negative side it's actually amazing how my outlook on everything is so much more positive and bright :D haha I love weeed

11. No it does, since i started smoking i have discovered allot of things i enjoy my personality has changed, maybe your's hasn't because your just a newbie but for the rest of the people who have been smoking for a while it does change your personality just because you haven't witnessed it it doesn't mean it's not true :rolleyes:

12. im really bored alot cuse im ADHD and weed calms me down and allows me to relax.

13. Not too keen on your choice of words. "Retarded" or not, it does happen. People change. Therefore, personalities do as well. Just because you're the same sober that you have always been, it doesn't mean it's the same for everyone. It's "retarded" if you think that because something does or doesn't happen to you, it must be the same for everyone else.

Edit: Skunky monkey beat me to it.

14. I used to have ADHD and after i started smoking weed i have never felt it and i don't have it anymore it just left :confused:

15. I have been diagnosed with ADHD, bipolar, insomnia, major depression, ODD and OCD. Most of my symptoms from all of those have gone away since I started smoking daily. I'm no longer bouncing off the walls or crying at inappropriate times like I used to. I have an appreciation for more music than I used to. (I didn't like the Chili Peppers or Nickleback until I smoked, lol) I can actually get sleep now. And the biggest thing that has changed I think doesn't have anything to do with diagnoses, but something inside me has completely shifted. My fear of reality has subsided. I was scared to death of living, and I don't know where I would be without Mary Jane.:love:

16. #96 Burgh4Life, Aug 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2011
    ive been smoking for years my man and because u have more posts on a weed forum than I, in no way means im a newbie or know less. Weed doesnt change who you are, only how you can think when ur high, u can take ur toughts from when ur high and still beielve then when ur not high but it doesnt alter who u are. Your an idiot if you think that. Marijuana doesn’t make you something you’re not already. If you’re motivated in life, take your responsibilities seriously, and want to make a positive contribution to society and you smoke Marijuana, you’ll likely continue on that path, probably with a better attitude. If you’re lazy and don’t mind living hand-to-mouth and smoke Marijuana, you’ll probably continue in that lifestyle. Marijuana doesn’t change the basic person you are.:smoking:

No need for the name calling. Mat369

17. I appreciate life and nature more as well as other human being. I find it harder to be really pissed about something. I also found I stopped being so loud and became more quiet and thoughtful.

All in all just serenity. :smoking:

18. I never said my post count effects how long i or you have been smoking, this thread has nearly 100 replies and pretty much everyone of them apart from yours say it's changed there personality so it must just be you :confused:

But you cant call others retarded because your personality hasn't changed because clearly it does change your personality so just because something is different for you it doesn't mean everyone in this thread is a "retard"

and no hate or anything man but with some people it does change you.

19. Yeh i find that i'm not as load and i don't get angry anymore.

20. it made me more quiet and calm and positive and i tend to think before i speak a lot now