Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How has marijuana positively affected your life? Will quote you with permission!

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Oct 11, 2010.

1. The friends I have met and the fun times I have had could never be forgotten. Marijuana is like facebook, it can connect you with people that share your interests and can put you down the road of life with some good ol' pals.

2. agreed. i chill with a lotta people i could never imagine myself hanging out with until i started smoking...you meet a lotta new faces too...i've made many friends by simply smoking a blunt with people ive never met before...once you are high you dont really care if you know the people or not...you just kinda make a connection

3. It helps you sleep, relax, and think better. I used to be real irritable with those close to me cause you see the sane people everyday, now I'm mich more chill and peaceful. And its not like alcohol where you have to fill up your gut everyone you want to unwind, arguabl a healthier alternative to alcohol or sleeping medication with no biological dependence...there's so many!!

4. It makes me happier, I can see things on a better level and just my overall outlook on things is much calmer.

5. I use marijuana for a variety or purposes. I have migraines, depression, dysmenorrhea, anxiety, degenerative arthritis of the spine, ptsd, insomnia... the list goes on. It eases or removes the symptoms of all of these. In addition, as a ptsd sufferer and an abuse survivor, it allows me to face my traumatic memories and flare-ups with a sense of calm and peace that I then carry over into my sober life. I've learned about myself and my conditions, and thanks to cannabis, I feel a sense of hope that I thought was lost to me forever.

Feel free to quote. Let me know if you do! I'd love to help. :)

6. "oh my god what am i gonna do about the light bill, oh my god"
    *takes a hit*
    "Fuck them god damn lights, i got 12 candles, been waitin to burn dat bitch"

- Kat williams

Helps me not give a fuck

7. When I'm high and doing nothing, im not just doing nothing, I am high and doing nothing.

Now apply that to everything

8. I'm in my late twenties and only smoked for the first time about one year ago. I really didn't think it would cause such a significant change in my behavior and mentality.

I had sleep problems before smoking. Not anything too severe, but enough to be disruptive to my day. I used to wake up 4-6 times per night, but now it is 1-2. Normally when I wake up now, it's because I sucked down a gallon of water before sleeping in a vain attempt to cure cotton mouth. I feel so much better, and actually rested in the mornings.

As some others have said, things are just not that big of a deal any more. It helps me to look at things more realistically. I expected it to be relaxing while high, but did not expect its impact to carry over as permanent mind and life changes. I am a much calmer person, and have developed ways to deal with stress throughout the day. This is because of things I realized and thought about while high. Before that, I would over react to small things and alienate those around me.

I am more sensitive, compassionate, polite, and I realize this is the only time on Earth that we'll have. There's no reason to be a dick about it.

9. You HAVE to put this in! :D

10. It introduced me to my best friend, the love of my life, and my creativity I need for my career. Flat out, I owe my happiness to it.:smoke:

11. during my high (pun intended) school years my grades actually got better because i would say to myself, "alright as soon as i do all my home work good and correctly im gonna blaze" and so because of that i never got distracted doing hw or procrastinated because i have a reward at the end

12. I can probably tolerate more idiots in my life than I would usually be able to with weed.

13. riginally Posted by budlover13
    I suffer from fibromyalgia, a displaced disk in my neck, and a bi-polar disorder. The use of cannabis has not only helped to regulate my mood swings, but has allowed me the ability to play catch with my 10 year old son, walk the dogs, go hiking and camping, gives me a more open mind when considering other peoples point of view.

The only thing that has enriched my life like cannabis is my son.

that is probably the most beautiful thing in the world wen it comes to weed

14. all of my best friends that I have (cept one or two from high school) I met through smoking weed.

15. keeps you real and down to earth. also gives me feelings of nostalgia that i wouldnt feel otherwise. use that for your essay, i used it in a PRO-pot essay once and my teacher told me that i convinced her to smoke a marijuana cigerette that same day. haha i doubt it though. and those are my words.

16. Kept me (largely) away from alcohol...alcohol has caused me problems, weed has not.

17. It's helped me sleep better, and get over problems with depression and social anxiety.

18. Well it's made me more mature. Helps with sleep and appetite. Slows down my a.d.h.d and allows me to focus. Depression doesn't stand a chance when smoking cannabis. It brings people together. It's amazing what 1 single plant can do.. Compared to all of the other drugs that are made from a bunch of different chemicals.