Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How hard is it to get a card?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by iSmoker, Jul 30, 2009.

1. Yes, I have a history of Chronic back pain and im taking pain medication for that. If you have seen a doctor and he as on you medical record that you have pain than the Dr. will give you the referal that you need to take to the county vital records department. If you have any questions. feel free and reply.

2. Kid, the "everyone else does it, what difference does it make if I do it" argument is childish. You have the whole idea about MMJ wrong. OBVIOUSLY, MMJ has been around less than a decade. The system isn't going to be exactly refined, compared to the pharmaceutical industry I mean no shit, one has a ten fold step-up from the other. So don't go expecting dosage sizes from your annual doctor or dispensaries inside your local Vons or Safeway for a while.

In short, if you have doctor records for a qualifying condition, great. Take your money to a LEGITIMATE doctor and get your rec. If you have no papers, then you are wasting your time in trying to get a rec. You would be forced to look for one of the doctors that practice illegally which would put you at several risks. One, that doctor is most likely already under investigation and will probably have his/her license stripped in less than a year. Two, you will have no extra immunities having your rec, really. If you get pulled over, you will have to get a court. Chances are, your doctor won't even show and you will be fucked.

Seriously, just do the right thing; give yourself more credit as an individual. Don't think that doing the wrong won't make a difference, because it does. By doing the wrong here, you would be directly supporting the negative connation of the MMJ movement.

3. Almost everything above is correct but if you get pulled over in the county and your not under the influnce they police can take your product if you dont have proper documentation and you will have to go to court but the court will not convict you of anything as long as you have a valid card. They will even give you the marijuana back. The Dr doesnt need to show up to court.

4. you dont need a card. you and everyone who thinks like you are why it is so easy for opponents to MMJ to just say "it doesn't work and gets abused by non-patients."
    if you are moving to cali, it is already ridiculously easy to get great herb for decent prices. dont make patients look bad by masquerading as one.

5. You obviously haven't read what I wrote. I never told the OP to go get one. In fact, I even told him not to. What I did do was state the facts. The system is widely abused and that should be clear to everyone. If the real goal was for only legit patients to get a card, then it would be much harder to do so. But because the majority of "patients" don't really need it, it doesn't change. The system is extremely flawed. But since most people like it flawed, it remains that way at the expense of the people who need it. My point wasn't for the OP to go out and get one. My point was that the system is flawed and it isn't a secret to anyone.

6. If you dont qualify, dont get one.

7. If you don't qualify, become an activist! Make it legal! :hello:

Granny ("legal" AND an activist!) :wave:

8. Donkeys, your the reason cops hate us. *most of you

do what you want just dont post it on the board and ruin it for the people who need it

9. HAHA:p,

Well, I already do medicate myself through dealers where I currently live,

but damn,

it would totally reduce the stress of illegally buying bud if I could just walk up

to my local dispensery and order some of the finest, dankest, cannabis

around, and light up when Im in pain.

I cant wait for the day Marijuana is Legal, It would be a day of celebration!

(and by celebration, i mean :smoking:lots of weedsmoke:smoking:)

10. Yeah, it needs to be legal....then there wouldnt be any problems about qualifying or not.

Plus, having a med card makes it "legal" for you...but youll still have some problems (jobs, etc)