Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How hard is it to drive while high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Mister Dank, Feb 12, 2012.

1. I've never done it before because I don't feel conformable driving high, nor to I like it when friends are driving stoned. I would like your opinion on driving high, is it really that hard, I know it's better than driving drunk. I only bring this up because the lately we've been smoking in a car. And my other friend got pulled over because he had his headlights off at 1:00 A.M. Thanks :eek:

2. depends on the person. some of my friends can drive fine while high, and so can i. but other friends cant focus and arent able to drive at all.

3. If you have been smoking for a long time it's not a hard thing to do. Its not like driving drunk. If you are new to pot and weed still kinda freaks you out from time to time i wouldn't drive.

4. Just stay relaxed and cool it. Once you realize you are under the effects of weed your body just becomes use to it. If you freak out and get nervous then obviously bad things can happen. Just put on some tunes concentrate on the road and enjoy.

If you are new to driving high or want to try it, do it on empty roads, through neighborhoods etc. Over time you will become pro at it. Please do not forget to use your headlights lol -_-.

5. I'm a much safer driver when high. Just don't drive SUPER high. Like, at the end of a night at a friends place youll be fine to drive home.

6. Well from what I've seen it depends on the person..you also need To be used mulitasking stoned and be comfortable on the level of highness your at..and follow all laws don't wanna give the boys an excuse to busy you

7. When I have been drinking and drive I feel confident but drive MUCH worse.

When I'm stoned I am much more worried about crashing, but It makes me that much more cautious.

That being said I've only been in one accident and I wasn't drinking or Smoking.

8. I don't like driving high, I tend to focus too much on staying in the lines and I drive really REALLY slow.

9. Another one of my favorites is waiting for stop signs to turn green hahaha.

10. I have driven high a few times and its not too bad. I tend to focus on things too much though, like if I'm in the middle of the lane or my speed or whatever.

11. Definately not able to drive in the peak of a high, when I'm coming down and have eaten yeah no problem.

12. Depends on the person so I'll just relate some experience:

Back in my first year of smoking I'd be a little nervous and get shaky if I drove at night on the freeway. Now its chill and easy wherever whenever. Funny as I drive "safer" I feel when high as compared to being sober. I drive slower when high and always within the speed limit. Tend to signal earlier, and actually fully stop at signs, haha. I don't know if its just because I don't want to be pulled over for any reason, or if cannabis just calms me down to drive "smoother". Anton is 100% dead on about the focusing shit; I tend to check my speedometer and micro correct all the time to maintain my speed limit at exactly the same tick.

If you feel the need to ask this question, I wouldn't drive. But then again if you've been smoking for a while and have a decent tolerance, driving shouldn't be any issue.

13. A while back I had to take a five hour trip to N.O. and wanted to kill a few hours of it. So, about 1/2 hour in I took a hit of a new strain I'd just bought - some of the best I'd ever had.... Ten minutes later, I feel the waves crashing over me, and I remember having to set my cruise control to keep my speed up. 65 was waaay fast...

I felt as if a salt crust was forming over my body. And when I moved my arms slightly to keep the car centered in the lane, I could feel the crust cracking and falling away. Turn my head slightly for the mirrors, and I could hear the crackling.

I started thinking about the nature of reality.... I had no way of knowing that anything beyond my range of experience still existed. How strange it would be to have matter flash into existence in the glare of my headlights, experience the rush of wind as my car streaked by, and disappear into nothingness in a fading red glow...

I also remember composing a letter in my head to Garmin, the maker of the GPS in my car, thanking them for their philanthropic work. Without the steady guidance of my little electronic friend, I would have been completely lost in the pastures of the delta...

Three uneventful (thank God) hours later, I started getting a grip on myself again.

Smoke in the car if you want. But be very sure of the effects you'll experience.

I still do on long drives. But I smoke what I'm used to. I vacuum packed that shit I smoked on this trip and put it away for a rainy day...

• Like Like x 2
  14. I drive safely high but I do get lost all the time.

15. Just don't get an OWI.

Where I live.... Driving + Smell of Weed Smoke + Possession = OWI

16. I drive high all the time. Its fine, your actually more cautious. But i wouldn't advise it if its not your car. Your parents car doesn't count as yours.

17. It depends on the person.

I used to smoke right before school and then drive 7 miles on the interstate to get there. I was just fine. I get a little nervous when I pass an officer or see one sitting on the side of the road, so I just decided it would be best to wait until after class to smoke.

Not worth getting pulled over.

18. Driving high is an artform. Some can do it and others can't. You just have to try it once to find out. I reccomend staying around town your first time though.

19. Personally, driving while high is easier for me than driving while sober. Every time I drive I'm high, and I've just become so used to the feeling. I'm high all day every day, so my 'normal' is being high. Being sober is alien to me and it's very strange, I have a hard time.

20. I would not suggest teens drive while high, or anyone with under 3 or 4 years driving experience. Its not tough to do but it requires you remember you need to pay attention, and its so easy to get distracted while high.