How good are glass blunts?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by adrienne2242, Dec 2, 2017.

1. #1 adrienne2242, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 4, 2018
    A two x 18-watt automotive stereo amplifier will offer a fantastic fit for initial equipment factory or aftermarket stereos and supply the best price/ power ratio. For systems with greater power separate parts, a bigger power amplifier and subwoofer ought to be thought to equal outside the machine.

Speaker and enclosure

To receive the best value, build your own enclosure and then utilize a dual-voice coil speaker. Even a dual-voice coil speaker may be attached directly to both amps of a two x 18 amplifier, eliminating the need for 2 speakers. This basically cuts the price in half an hour. Just one 8- to - 12-inch dual-voice-coil woofer is sufficient for systems which won't need to amuse the entire neighborhood. Car Speakers Reviews How to choose the Best Car Speakers

Choosing the proper speaker is vital. Polypropylene cone speakers are preferred because they're resistant to rust. The writer utilized a Madisound No. 81524DVC speaker that has an 8-inch diameter polypropylene woofer and double 4-ohm voice coils. It's available from Madisound for about $ 34.

[​IMG]

Building your cabinet not just saves a great deal of money, in addition, it enables you to build cabinet with precisely the dimensions and shape cabinet you would like for your motor vehicle. This can be very important in which space is tight or in which an irregular interior would allow you to make the most of a obscure location. Avoid installing the crossover and power amplifier in which they're susceptible to excessive temperature (like in direct sun) or in which they're subjected to dirt or moisture. For a professional touch, speaker box carpet is available in colours to match just about any automobile's inside, and it may be put on the outside of this enclosure. If you prefer using a premade speaker box, then it may be bought in Crutchfield, Parts Express, MCM Electronics, along with other audio-supply providers.

The prototype subwoofer is placed at an 1.25 cubic foot enclosure, that's the best trade-off involving dimensions and bass response. This box quantity gives a cutoff frequency of 37 Hz.

The prototype's enclosure has been built of 3/4-inch particle board, and a interface was first created by a 7 1/2-inch length of 3-inch diameter PVC pipe. The computer-generated frequency response curve of this Madisound 81524DVC speaker Inside This enclosure is shown at Fig. 6

Setup

The subwoofer could be mounted within the car or within a trunk. If you put in it into a trunk, utilize quick-connects to your wiring along with adjustable straps or Velcro to maintain the subwoofer from slipping around. This will also allow you to choose the subwoofer out readily once you will need the extra trunk area.

Join the crossover inputs into the left and right speaker outputs of the auto stereo as shown at Fig. 7. If the stereo has front and rear sockets, utilize the outputs which are going to be turned up to its loudest sound. Because the subwoofer crossover features a higher input impedance, it doesn't load the receiver, and complete power is still offered to the key speakers. The subwoofer crossover amounts the signals in the left and right channels, and so the right and left inputs are all interchangeable.
    See Also: Top best Rated 4 inch, 4x6, 6.5, 6x9 car audio speakers in the world | Top best car speakers Reviews

Considering that the inputs from the subwoofer crossover have been isolated from earth, the negative and positive inputs can also be interchangeable. Make sure you observe exactly the same polarity for the right and left channels. This interchangeability feature is very useful if speaker polarity is cloudy. The crossover's stage switch can undo the input polarity to extend the right stage.
    [​IMG]

Use a brief cable to connect the subwoofer crossover into the power amplifier to prevent ignition sound pickup.

Adding bass-blocking capacitors in accord with every one of the chief speakers is recommended, as shown at Fig. 7. This decreases the load of repeating deep bass on the primary speakers, allowing greater volume without distortion.

The capacitor values to utilize 4-ohm speakers to get popular bass-blocking frequencies have been listed in Fig. 7. Bass-blocking capacitors must be nonpolarized (bipolar). Utilize 135-Hz bass-blockers for many programs. Opt for a greater frequency once the principal speakers are somewhat high in bass response.

It's possible to buy magnifying coils inexpensively, or end up your own. Twenty ends of No. 22 cable wrapped round a 1/4-inch diameter steel bolt can offer an approximate value of inductance of about 20 microhenries.

Power to your subwoofer crossover and power amplifier could be provided in the car's + 12-volt ignition direct or by the remote switch on electric power antenna direct.

First power up

Before turning the machine on for the very first time, place the quantity controls of the subwoofer amplifier and the recipient to minimal.

Once turn on, raise the receiver volume marginally to verify that sound is coming out of every one of the chief speakers. If it doesn't, check for short circuits or open relations.

If sound comes in every one of the chief speakers, raise the subwoofer power amplifier level. If little or no sound is heard, consider setting the recipient's balance control all the way to a single limit. If it creates bass, among those crossover inputs will be connected backwards.

The most essential step in correcting a subwoofer process would be to place (and maintain) the stereo bass controller or below the level (centre) position. Vehicle interior acoustics have a reputation for overemphasizing upper bass frequencies. By turning the bass, boomy-sounding upper bass will be reduced. By correcting the subwoofer crossover cutoff frequency for optimal sound, the subwoofer will fulfill at a deep, strong sounding bottom end.

Put the crossover polarity switch (S1) to position that provides the maximum bass. Put the crossover independently. Change (S2) from the "boost" position to boost deep bass frequencies and also to help prolong the subwoofer's response. Utilize the "level" position if you listen to distortion in the subwoofer. Correct the crossover cutoff frequency and the level management of this amplifier to present the best sounding bass. How to Install Speakers in a Car | Easy to Install Aftermarket Speakers in Car: 5 Simple Steps to Car Music Freedom

SOURCES

Crutchfield 1 Crutchfield Park Charlottsville, VA 22906 -LRB-800-RRB- 955-3000 (auto stereo parts)

MCM Electronics 650 Congress Park Drive Dayton, OH 45459-9955 -LRB-800-RRB- 543-4330 (speakers, boxesand automobile stereo, electronics)

All resistors have been 1/8-watt, 5 percent, unless noted.

Capacitors

Semiconductors

Additional Components

Miscellaneous: PC board, job instance, hardware, and 18 AWG stranded cable

* PC plank and IC1 and IC2--$14

* PC board along with all electric parts such as knobs and switches--$29

* Total kit of parts (includes PC board, all parts, and job instance--$39

* Assembled and tested crossover component--59

Shipping and handling is included in most prices (Continental U.S.).

2. I actually just bought one a week ago. My gf was really excited about it. It definitely more of a novelty then a easy smoke. its fits allot of weed for on the go or for a larger group of people. big hits doesn't seem to clog easily. but if its just me chilling id rather a real blunt. Its a bit annoying and inconstant at how much or often you need to turn it well smoking. If your not turning it often enough it goes out constantly.

3. I've had one in the past, and while it was pretty neat, I'd much more prefer an actual blunt. For parties I could see them having more use/value, not for a solo piece in my opinion

4. i bought the twisty blunt by 7pipe, functionality is is great and holds cherry for a long time if the bud is packed and loaded right, which brings me to its practicality, its an ideal piece for using 2+ grams with multiple heads but youre far better off with a small bowl or joint if its only you

5. They are a pain in the ass to load up. I like convienence.

6. I've got a Grav Labs glass blunt and it's fantastic. Holds a lot of weed. It is NOT one of the twisty ones. This one you just fill the tube with as much weed as you want and it has a plunger action where you just push it forward to ash. Takes about 10 seconds to load

• Like Like x 1
  7. used many like those in the past the real one named the mother load had wood ends and springs as a screen work very well my replacement was like two slides with a rubber sleeve.

But the best I used all the time was the paperless glass joint, the slider very slim size of a cig plunger type wish I would had bought another one before they vanished ,now its more it hold the better this was a 1 hit to 20 hits tool miss them so much lol.

8. Bought it recently and don’t really like it since I’m mostly solo. Not practical. I’m looking forward to trying with a group of friends.

9. I have one just like this but not grab lab and I fucking love it

• Like Like x 1
  10. I've had a makeshift glass blunt made from one of those rose in a glass things crack heads use as pipes lol It actually wasn't too bad though and if you have the right tools, like a simple paper clip, you can place one end on a table and load the other side using the paperclip to shove it down. So no, it really isn't that hard to load.