how fast can you run 2 miles?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by clos3tgrow3r, Feb 15, 2011.

1. #1 clos3tgrow3r, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 18, 2011
    I challenge you to do better :devious:

EDIT: if your running it under 11:00 you gotta actually come forward and say it otherwise im calling BULLSHIT on your anonymous ass :cool:

2. gotta try this soon my long distance game might be out of wack but i can still run a 100m in 11 an small change

3. Ran 10:42 when I was a little 15 year old. Could probably manage a 13:30-14:00 now. I'll be getting in shape for some races this summer and I'm looking to get to sub 10:20.

4. good to hear that goal sir reminds me that it don matter how old you are just how hard you push it, ima hold you to it too:D

i can do it in 12, i hit 11:55 the other day and that was the fastest ive ever done it and tbh it wasnt that hard. im aiming to hit sub 11 by the end of this year

5. It would probably take me about 30-40 minutes.

6. question:
    do I have to RUN the entire 2 miles?

7. #7 clos3tgrow3r, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    :laughing:

you can do it however ya like skip, army crawl, barrel roll even,,,, ALL acceptable..... if you can do it fast;)

8. Im working on it damnit!!!

I did run a 13:42 mile 1/2

9. Slow and steady wins the race, I just amble along and get there in the end so it's all good :D

But seriously, I haven't ever timed myself with anything like this - methinks 2 miles is about 3 and a half k, and I could probably run/jog/walk/cough and splutter along at about one kilometer in 6 minutes or so. Therefore, I'm going to say with immense pride that I could do it in 20 minutes or so... that's how mofuckin' flash I am, yeeeeeah! :p

:cool:

10. Last time I ran a timed mile I was 13-14 years old and ran something like 6:20.

Nowadays... I give up.

• Like Like x 1
  11. It was the marijuana

• Like Like x 1
  12. You don't have a category for us gimps :(

I should time myself on crutches and in a wheelchair :p

13. Fucking a. My best mile time was 7.5 ... probably run a mile in 8-8.5 right now, so 2 miles maybe in 18

14. I usually run at the track but I do like to run at a the gym on really rainy days (2.5% incline on treadmill).

I run a 6.6/mph pace(9minute mile) for 30 minutes. This excludes the 5 minute warm up and 5 minute cool down.
    I want it to be a solid 8.5/mph pace. 7 minute mile.

• Like Like x 1
  15. i call BULLSHIT on the two who said <10

show yourselves :cool:

16. It definitely wasn't me... The best time I ever had was when I was getting looks for a soccer scholarship had an 11:05.. I just do distance nowadays 4-7 miles or speed training.

17. #17 clos3tgrow3r, Feb 15, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2011
    word.... i didnt know you played soccer KK or did i? i dont even remember anymore it all gets very confusing sometimes... either way that is certainly an impressive time, would definitely like to hit that someday soon :smoke:

ps did you get the scholarship by an y chance? :D

18. I believe I may have mentioned it at some point. Blew out my knee at states gadoosh :(

19. u guys r insomniacs and athletes as well wtf god damn clones of me...i wulda had a track scholarship if i didnt fracture my hip senior yr, so for now its mens league in the summer for soccer and well track that helps in times of escape from authorities :D

20. yo sick crab weve had this realization before :D and everything i mean nearly down to the T is on point (although must admit i was not as gifted as you guys never was offered scholarships or nothin) buuut.... you run from the cops too???? bahaha :laughing: