How far into flower to cut clones.

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by OMMPinthe503, Aug 28, 2012.

1. How far into flower can I cut clones thanks!

2. To my knowledge you want to cut the clone before it flowers man but u can always change it back to veg i believe could stress the plant

3. Can can clone any time; but the optimum is the first 1-3 weeks of the mother's flowering. This ensures enough time to get the clone going and enough time for some bud development.

4. Also if you wait to long the stems come woody and hard to root.

5. Thanks !!!!!!!!

6. Actually thinking about revegging my sour crush so I can grab clones from her before I kill it off entirely the strain is too good to lose imo

7. #9 wwpk, Aug 30, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2012
    I'm doing the same with my Bluedream Richard

8. Ive never herd of anybody taking clones from a flowering plant. Do you got some science behind this or what?

9. I am cloning a flowering plant that was outdoors, and the clone will be indoor from now on. Went to a very good grow shop in mmj land, and was told by a well educated employee that flowering plants definitely CAN be cloned, they take longer to root, DO NOT cause herms(but anything can happen). I wouldn't do it super late as others suggested, but it it's possible. I'll check back on this forum with before and after pics in about 10 days.

I'm not suggesting that flowering plants are better than veg to be cloned, they are harder, but it is possible.