How far do you fill up your water?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by MattBlazin, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I usually try to get juuussst over the slits in my downstem. thats normal practice right?

2. I usually go a bit over that! I love cool smoke

3. I have a carb on my bong, I usually put the water level right below that. So it basically covers about an inch of the downstem itself, not necessarily vertical covering.

But I usually try to put as much water as I can, MAXIMUM FILTRATION/COOLING! :hello: :hello: :D :smoke:

4. Contrary to my friend, who always argues over the semantics of it with me, THC is not water soluble. And if you just fill it to where the downstem is, how is the water going to have time to cool the smoke down? And have you ever seen a bubble full of smoke? Like a big one? They're fucking sweet!

5. I can definitely notice a difference in flavor depending on how much water the smoke travels through though.

6. so does more water = more flavor?

I just keep the water level low so there isnt much chug.

7. #7 Nate489, Apr 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2012
    [quote name='"MattBlazin"']
    so does more water = more flavor?

I just keep the water level low so there isnt much chug.[/quote]

Opposite. Less filtration/diffusion means more flavor.

It varies on the pot and my mood for my level in my stemline.

8. depends on the piece really and if it has perqs or if im using ice etc

9. Nate and hamby are right less water usually equals more flavor, and it most definitely depends on the piece as well.

I feel like ice will remove the flavor from your hit the fastest, and haven't ever used the ice pinches in my tubes ever. By now I'm sure it's more of a mental thing, but you won't catch ice cubes messing with my water levels.

10. I hate ice. I love using hot water though. I think it enhances flavor and is ten times smoother

11. [quote name='"Nate489"']I hate ice. I love using hot water though. I think it enhances flavor and is ten times smoother[/quote]

Never heard of anyone using hot water... I'll have to try it out, I'm quite keen to use MTN dew though

12. Its like a humidifier. It makes the hits much smoother. Great if your sick too