How far can you bend a stem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by pohc, May 14, 2012.

1. I've been doing some training for my SCROG plant and one of the stems had to be bent pretty aggressively to fit in where it should. I've had stems recover from stuff like that, but that was only after straightening them back first.
    Can such a sharp bend somehow block nutrient/water supply to the rest of the shoot and kill it?
    http://forum.grasscity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=880482&d=1337000721

2. that looks fine to me.

i have a couple of wicked bends in mine. If you are worried then tape up the stalk for a few days.

Disclaimer: I am not a pro grower but have done some plant manipulation in the past. there is probably better advice out there lol

3. that my good sir is a double super crop right there! i do it all the time! nothing wrong with it, although it does stress more then a simple lst. may cost ya a few days but nothin big. i do this to let the side branches and shoots catch up to the tops. giving a nice uniform canopy.

4. Thanks guys, that's a relief. I forgot to mention the plant is 30 days in flower though, does that change anything?

5. [quote name='"pohc"']Thanks guys, that's a relief. I forgot to mention the plant is 30 days in flower though, does that change anything?[/quote]

Na like he said a couple days of recovery for the plant and everything is good.

6. i try not to super crop while in bloom. could potentially herm, but my guess is that would be strain, even pheno dependant. Try and do all your training in vegg, and expect a stretch of double your plant size.