How exactly do you not give a f*ck?

Discussion in 'General' started by cothrantyson, Jan 11, 2014.

1. It took me a while, but if finally hit that I give too much of a fuck sometimes. How exactly do you put yourself in the mindset of not giving a fuck?

2. I still give too many fucks

3. what exactly do you want to not give a fuck about?

4. I tend to distract myself at all times, be it games, alcohol, music(!), etc.  As long as you keep yourself busy as fuck as you wont give a fuck, but regardless, there are always times you will give a fuck.  When you feel that happening, take a shot, talk to a close friend, do something crazy enough to take your mind off of whatever your stressing about.  It won't always work though.

5. Just say "fuck it",

6. #7 TokingDaily420, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    Drugs & alcohol.

Jk. I learned through life. Music also. I've been on that fuck everyone worry about myself mindset lately.

7. Just remember we're a bunch of smart monkey's on a huge sphere in the middle of nowhere. Why give a fuck about anything?
    [​IMG]

8. It just happens. Man.Sent from The Gods.

9. I think you need to elaborate.

10. Apathy can be as dangerous as it is comforting. 

11. I don't give a fuck the same way as everybody else, one fuck at a time. 

12. By putting my hat on, tucking my head, and pushing forward.

13. there's no "mindset." you just simply don't.

14. I think for me, I just get overwhelmed with all the bullshit the world piles on me. It gets to be too much and then nothing gets done. Gets to be the feeling that no matter how much effort I spend, I'll never see the end. And then once I reach a certain point, I lose interest and just put it behind me and quit spending my effort. Like, what the fuck am I working for?

15. Be clinically depressed.

16. #17 Guest, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2014

There is clearly something bothing you. It's not mindset, but balance. You need to know what to give a F#$^ about and what not to give a F#$% about. If your job is at stake, even if you don't like the situation, sometimes you have to give a fuck. If there is someone that is bugging you / talking smack to get you to fight, then you don't give a fuck…. be the bigger man and walk away.

17. "I don't give a fuck like retired ho's"

18. It helps to look at the big picture. Like, getting stressed about traffic (for example) is silly. Think about it this way: "In a few years from now, am I going to give two fucking shits that this guy cut me off? No, so don't even stress over it."

I guess that's how I approach a lot of things, or at least my general attitude is kinda based off that mentality. The tiniest things can get us so worked up, but if you're able to take a step back, they'll make you laugh. "Look at the fucking entire world and it's history... and I'm tripping on this stupid shit?"

It also just helps to know that negativity is only harmful. Nobody can completely stop themselves from feeling negative emotions, and that's fine--it's part of being human. But if we keep fueling them and coaxing the fire, we're only going to burn ourselves. It's usually harder to take a breath and walk away, but since my ultimate goal in life is simply to be happy, that's just what I gotta do.

Oh, and sunglasses. Wear them, and everyone will know you give zero fucks.   :cool:

19. I dont think it's necessarily possible to not give a fuck about anything. But what i usually do is if somethings pissing me off or annoying me to a certain level, I just start walkin off, and thinking about other random shit, and i've gotten to the point that i dont stress about hardly anything because i literally wouldnt let it for so long that it just became "routine" i guess. If that makes sense: