how effective are carbon filters

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by df2, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Hey there great grass city growers. With your help I was able to complete my first grow a few months ago. Everything turned out ok but I made some mistakes and the biggest was smell. I was growing lowryder #2 with a homemade carbon filter and honestly was surprised at how much my house smelled. Now my mind has begun to wander to new grow cab designs which brings me to my question.

For ventilation on my cab I'm going to have a hydrofarm 94cfm fan and a Can Filter 2600. My question is how effective is this setup at removing 100% of odor? This go around I have to have complete odor control. If you set your cab in the middle of the house with this setup would the odor be present? If you sniffed the end of the exhaust system with this filter in place would you know pot was on the other end? Just wondering.

If I have the cab set up in a room with the exhaust going into that same room will there be odor. My other option and something I want to avoid is finding a way to vent the cab into the attic. This could be tough but if the great people on this board think that is the way to go then I will do it. I also had an idea of venting to dwv vent pipe but I cant with the location of the cab. Any advice is helpful.