how does this look?

Discussion in 'Harvesting and Processing Marijuana' started by mccam64, Apr 2, 2013.

1. So I'm gonna attach a picture of some stuff drying and the plant it came from and I want your critique grasscity, let me know what you think! She is about six weeks into flowering

Attached Files:

2. So wait, where did the drying bud come from? not the plant in the pictures? she looks good

3. The drying stuff came from that plant, the branched had snapped about 5 days ago accidentally but she seems to still be thriving

4. Oh okay gotcha. yeah the plants gonna be fine. If you were earlier in flower I would say trim up your bottom growth a little. How long do you plan on flowering her?

5. I'm estimating 8-9 weeks, I check her trichs out every day with a scope before her lights shut down, waiting for a 30 70 amber to cloudy ratio

6. I would say by the look of things you could easily take her 10 weeks but you're trying to achieve mostly cloudy trichs so I guess harvest whenever its where you like.

7. Ya that was just an estimation, I kinda want to stretch out the period to the tenth week but it all depends on the degrade rate of the thrichs, this is my first grow so I'm just trying to get any tips or feedback that I can

8. Ah well shes lookin great! Much bigger than my first plant! good luck man!

9. How many watts of cfl do you have In there?

10. 300w of 6500k and 3000w of 2700k

11. I think he means actual wattage, not incandescent equivalent.

12. True 300w 2700k 100w 6500k

13. #13 Im blunter, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2013
    Oh so you bought one of those new high output fluorescent light systems?
    How do you like your setup?
    I like what my 1000w hps can do but my ballast is an old eurosystems and I can't use metal halide bulbs so I was thinking of investing in a different lighting system for veg and then when I want to flower I can do it under my monster 1000w lamp, you know...to save moneys.

14. CFLs are kick ass for veg, just get the bigger ones

15. Honestly I love my cfl setup, its cheap to buy and run and really gave me some great results! I suggest getting the shop light hangers (8 bucks) and a y connector for each hanger so you can run dual bulbs of one socket. I'll post some pics when I get home

16. I heard that the spectrum CFL's put off is almost completely usable by the plant, meaning less power is getting wasted so that's the attractive part to me, but do you think it's going to emit as many lumens as my 1000w?

Also do you think it's smart to have a couple 10 watt led lights near the bottoms of my plants so that I can see some growth from the under branches that generally don't get as much light?

I'm trying to figure out ways to improve my grow room right now, making it more economical and possibly going to separate a group of plants and make a miniature airtight indoor greenhouse so that I can grow a portion with co2 and observe the difference between each group of plants, the ones being supplemented with co2 and the ones growing without co2, my main goal is to see the effectiveness of co2 and see just how much of a difference it makes.

17. If you were to get enough of them, you could be equal to the 1000 but you wouldnt need to. How big is your veg garden? Generally CFLs are a little more efficient for smaller grows but you can still use them just fine, isnt there a book specifically about getting the most out of a CFL grow? I can't remember what its called. do you already have the LEDs? if not you could just use some CFLs just fine.

18. I don't know how many lumens your 1000w puts out but I'm pumping out about 21,000 lumens and I was growing 3 but got two males and this beautiful girl and when I pulled the other two out she burst into hyper mode and grew a ton.

19. #19 Im blunter, Apr 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 3, 2013
    Well my 1000w is putting out 144,000 lumens but I honestly don't think I need that much right now, I was just thinking fuck the cost and I'm gonna buy a separate ballast for metal halide, so I can put out a competitive amount of lumens towards my plants while also having the right spectrum for veg. I currently have 50 plants vegging and I want to get my grow room equip for the job but I think buying a high output fluorescent is a bad idea, I mean I have extra hoods, and a couple 600w metal halide bulbs so all I would need is a metal halide ballast and I'm set thanks for the info.

I don't have the LEDs yet but I was just wondering if they would work for supplemental lighting, just to shine some lights on the nodes that don't get adequate lighting