How does the medium affect the high?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by someguy83, Mar 2, 2011.

1. I'm a RELATIVELY experienced pot smoker, but I will be the first to admit that I know very little about the more sensitive aspects of its practice.

All I've ever really done is smoked from my own bowl and whatever my friends had on them. I've used a bowl, pipe, bubbler and joints before.

Now on to my question.

A couple of my friends will be smoking for the first time with my aid. They want a nice, mellow, easy high with a relatively low chance of a crazy freak out.

The town I live in doesn't offer much in terms of choice as to what strands there are to choose from, so I'm wondering if smoking from a certain implement will create the desired effect better than others?

If not, what CAN I do to help ensure they have the most pleasant experience possible?

2. I think a bong is good for a first time smoker because I think it's easier to inhale a lot of smoke. A lot of people don't get high the first time because they don't know how to inhale.

3. A bong can be a little much for the first time smoker...
    A joint or pipe is the best,
    if they inhale correctly they should get high.

In the end the high is the same with each medium(pipe.blunt,bong,etc)
    the onset is just faster or slower depending on the piece.

4. Okay, great :) Thanks guys!

5. roll one joint.... make sure they take 2 proper hits and wait 10 minutes. I mean 2 hits can't be too much for even the noobiest noob, right?

In my day nobody freaked out. that was out of the question. if you freaked out on any drug you were a pussy and shunned forever. so I don't understand the aspect of freaking out on weed. how exactly does this happen????

all that happens for me is a little heaviness in my eyes and a little bit better mood. then hunger... then i eat and repeat

6. Yeah well, I guess my community can be a BIT uptight. Even the stoners, unfortunately.

Another question, if I roll a joint for them, should I mix it with tobacco or no?

7. i have seen people freak out there first time blazing it because its a new feeling

8. dont mix with tobacco, and I have seen priveleged preteens/teens smoke for their first time back when I was a youngin, and even a few times recently and yeah if you freak out you are actually a pansy, and weed shouldn't be wasted on the likes of you.

Regardless, Roll a decent sized joint and make sure the newbies get a couple solid hits, tell them ahead of time to keep it in their lungs for up to five seconds, don't just blow it out right away like a cigarette, don't suck it like a straw and get all the smoke in your mouth and none in your lungs. After that, Mary Jane will take over. If they freak out there is nothing to do other than reassuring them millions do this all day every day, so just know for future reference that they can't handle it.

9. i smoke out a few girls who cant inhale for shit once and a while when they're around... Gravity bong never fails for first timers

10. #10 RepentYeNbelievethegospel, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
    Of course, take into considering the kind, size, harshness, material, etc of any method.

Fuck anything with tobacco.

glass is best for everything, to smoke from, to store in, and to drink from.

11. #11 StayHigh v2, Mar 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2011
    Heres how id do it.

Use a bong. They will cough less and you can pack up tiny tiny little green hits. Its relatively easy to learn how to use a bong as well. A few rips maybe even one a piece and they will be sky high. Have some good chill music on. Maybe something on tv but dont have both volumes on at the same time. Make sure you have water close by for them to drink. Other than that just dont freak em out and if they cant figure out how to use a bong just milk it up for them and pass it over real quick and say BREATHE IN

edit- see if you can find some bud thats pretty dense ( has to be chronic ) or has dark hint to it in the trichomes. some kind of indica. this will be a body buzz. I smoked a newbie out with some green crack, and off a small bong hit ( straight sativa ) he was so retarded. pacing around the room. holding his face telling me FUCK YOUUU

12. I smoked probably 4 or 5 blunts/joints before I really got high and knew what the fuck I was doing, it was my first bong hit that got me fucked up, just give them a small one, its guaranteed to get you buzzed but if its small enough youll be fine. Also, grind it up and throw it in the middle of a hookah bowl and its an incredibly mellow relaxing high. I'd only reserve that for the noobs though because if your at all experienced with weed, it probably wont hit you that hard, if at all. Also the hookah is good if they are paranoid about coughing or smelling like it and shit. Hope that helps!

13. I don't really feel like getting flamed, but just tossing in my .02

I actually go into diabetic shock every time i smoke... kinda weird, but whats really nice is with half a hit im totally messed up... I've read reports of others experiencing the same effects as me... usually they feel like they are having some sort of allergic reaction, because they use to be avid pot smokers and now they can no longer smoke without sever high's and body twitches and paranoia...

I actually learned a trick from a guy who's wife passed out in a coffee shot in THE DAM... sugar.. usually eating a sugar cube, or in my case drinking a rockstar energy drink while i smoke not only helps with the cotton mouth, but also with easing the effects of my high

not that your friends will have this problem, but on some level the same would have to be the same across the board...

please don't flame, i don't really care if im incorrect or not, but I know for a fact that my body responds much better when i smoke like this...

good luck man... I really enjoyed the first time i smoked, I never forgot the super duper cheech and chong joint my friend leo rolled for me and let me smoke not only for free but all by myself(ten papers)... 20 years ago and it seems just like yesteryear

make sure you follow up with a review on how your experience went.. love to read it

14. yeah a big part of the munchies is a blood sugar decrease so definitely. having caffeine while high is a great thing. if your friends can appreciate a good cup of coffee, grind some up and make a few cups. sit around and try to just have them chill. don't make it so they have no choice but do "this or that". make sure they feel comfortable and not restrained. restraining someone who is experiencing something new is the absolute worst thing to do.