How does reporting work

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by jaykewashere, Nov 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I've reported a few posts thAt clearly violate terms of use but nothing gets done?

2. It can take a while for the moderators to get to them. And there are gray areas. Spam is pretty clear cut (most of the time), the rest of it is...often confusing.

3. [quote name='"tharedhead"']It can take a while for the moderators to get to them. And there are gray areas. Spam is pretty clear cut (most of the time), the rest of it is...often confusing.[/quote]

Thanks.

4. There's not much I can do to someone for calling you a oxymoron, its a figure of speech

5. You're such an oxymoron. :rolleyes:

;):D

But joking aside, as far as your original question, OP, reporting a post does not automatically "take care" of that post.
    Reporting a post basically sends it to a list of reported posts that the mods need to look into.

Nothing will happen with the post until a moderator is able to look into it, and sometimes that may take some time.

There are also plenty of gray areas like tharedhead pointed out. Reported posts will only be dealt with if they are actually in violation of the rules.

If you're sure that a post you reported was violating the rules and it's been a few days and you aren't sure why nothing was done with it, you're welcome to PM me or another moderator and ask about it. But please also try to understand that we are a small moderation staff trying to deal with thousands of daily posts, and not all of us can spend hours on here every day, so these things may take time. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.