how does my setup look?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by modern-hippy, Oct 21, 2004.

1. i was wondering if you guys could give me any pointers... i have grown before, but never indoors, so this is a new experience for me. does my setup look good?
    as you can tell, im working with a pretty small space..

EDIT : the lights are on a timer, they will be on for 18 hours a day, from midnight to 6:00PM

Attached Files:

2. one probelm i already notice is with watering. I put in 6 bottles of arrowhead water, and it came out the bottom of the pot in to the orange tray below. but then it started over flowing out of the tray and water was going twoards the light bulb and the eletric plug..... which is really bad. I was quik with paper towls and a beach towl to mop it up before it shorted anything out or got any one eletricuted, but this will definatly be a problem i will have to solve some how when i water in the future

3. I think you can definitly grow your plant in that space but you need to do something about that light. You should hook it to the wall or something to keep it out of the way of the plant and to keep everything safe for you. If the light is too big to fit on the wall then you should thing about using Compact floros....they take up hardly any space and can be positioned easier.

4. looks good to me.

about the watering tho, i know this mite sound daft but use less water. if it comes out the bottom then strictly speaking u have over waterd.

let the pot dry out compleatly, add water a little at a time making a note of how much u add. let it soak in then add a little more, and i do mean a little as in a cup full. as soon as it starts to come out the bottom u know how much water is to much. take that amount and remove a coupple of cups worth, thats how much water u use when u water, and do not water it again untill the soil is dry, allmost bone dry.

oh and get a deeper tray aswell, cat litter trays do a gr8 job.

5. my pleasure