How does my grow room / plant look?! :) this is my 1st grow! Also is it a m or f?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aarongucci, Jun 21, 2012.

1. So i believe i may be on week 7 or 8 and i am using a hps 400watt light that i got amazingly for only $40 !! Check out my grow room / plant setup. Btw i am an absolute beginner. I am using 10-10-10 nutes i bought at home depot that are used for flowers. Also i dont water every day , prob about every other day. Or every 3 days. Please ask any questions so i can learn as much as possible :) thanks guys i appreciate it! Ohh and i got this plant for free because i helped my neighbor under us( i live in an apartment complex on second/top floor ) move out. He told me nothing about it ... So heres the pics!

Attached Files:

2. Nice looking plant bro. And wish I could get a HPS for $40. It's hard to tell from the pics, but I think I see some pre-flowers, so I think it's a female. Keep it simple and keep doing what you're doing...looking good. When do you plan to flower?

3. Yea bro I got insanely lucky with the HPS on Craigslist , and met a guy who was getting rid of 3 old lights and upgrading to 1000 watters! Lol and thanks on the input. Idk how to give +rep (let me know , and ill be sure to hook ya up haha )

4. Hmm on the flowering part, since im such a noob , and im actually really stoked to hear you say that its possibly a female, and that i may have became really freakin lucky for my first grow, im goin to wait and see what people say and suggest to me.. Im relying on you guys :D my second yeild / grow attempt after this one will def be all my own. Since i didnt actually grow this seed myself, my main goal is to just love it like an adopted child hahah.. But when the time comes to actually start my own! Im goin all out hahaha sorry for the rant , im just excited that im doin alright bro lol

5. looking good..i will say tho that it seems your plant may have stretched just a little too much but all in all it looks well bro keep it up. check out my grow in my sig :)

6. Dude, I'm 5 1/2 weeks into my first grow and I love my three girls more than I could love a human child HaHa! And plants usually double in height after you start to flower them, so you might want to think about that soon as yours seems to have some good height already. If it is 7-8 wks old and those are pre-flowers I think I see, then that thing is ready to go 12/12 and start flowering today. Just a suggestion since you might run into height problems.

7. It looks great so far but with that four hundred watter you could pull like a qp off one plant grown in a five gallon bucket. Also give the plant about twenty days or so and shell show you sex without the light flip. I did a twelve twelve from seed. Nearly from sprout anyway maybe three days of veg time and I noticed its about three weeks behind all the others because I didn't wait for her to show sex first. That's not scientific fact as far as I know but it's something I've noticed coming onto my probably tenth harvest in this same spot. Best of luck bro she looks great. Remember more roots more fruits. That's pretty much a given.

8. Your plant looks like it stretched a bit and the stem is very thin at the bottom. Do you have a fan on it? You might want to get a little fan to blow on it so it will strengthen up the plant because it looks like it might fall over when it starts to flower!
    I can not really tell yet on sex due to the pictures. Have you switched to 12/12 yet?
    Congrats on a 40 dollar 400 watt HPS, I lucked out also and got a 430 HPS for 60 off a classified site also!

9. That thing is super stretching not good at all how close do you have the 400W light away from it?