Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How does being high differ from person to person?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WisdomInTheTree, Aug 27, 2011.

1. Hey all, I'm new here to GrassCity. Ive been a regular smoker for about two years. Stopped smoking for about six months because I was in ROTC in college, but that isn't the case anymore.

Anyways, I've found the herb to be an amazing tool for opening my mind. I feel I am a more peaceful, intellectual person as a result of the herbs assistance. Also I am far more laid back and chill, even when I'm not high. Pretty normal with most of my friends who smoke it seems. But are those effects universal to all who toke? Surely gangs and shit out there can get weed, but they all run around shooting each other and shit...so did it just put me in touch with my inner self, or is it a peaceful drug?

Sorry for the deep question for my first post lol

2. No, drugs effect people differently depending on their intentions, though some reactions are not voluntary. For instance, while it makes you relaxed. others will feel more anxious and paranoid

As far as gangs go, they dont want to feel at peace or anything like that. Weed isnt going to force them to

3. When I am high I like to sit down watch tv or have a nice chill conversation, but one of my friends gets paranoid at every sound and freaks out and another one of my friends gets hyper aggressive, both are pretty much buzzkills if you ask me.

4. I get really relaxed too! I prefer to smoke alone, so that I can be myself, as alot of my friends pretend to be higher than they actually are, which is kinda pathetic.

There was however this one time at the cinema, where I THINK I burped in a girl's face... needless to say, I got paranoid like hell...

5. I think it really depends how often you've done it before, what mood your in, where you are...

I used to get paranoid about stuff (stupid shit, like "did I lock the front door before I came upstairs and got so stoned I can't move?" - which sometimes drove me mad for ages, eventually leading to possible outcomes if I HADN'T locked the door such as robbers coming in and nicking stuff...) but I think as you do it more and you're not alone in the house or whatever you just feel chilled out...

6. Well some people have different goals in life. Different drives. We all want something different. There will always be violent people. Adrenaline can make any one crazy. Were all different .....

7. it's diferent for alot of people yet certain strain tend to have the same effects more often. There have been times though that I've smoked a bowl or 2 with younger folks that get all giggly and silly...I mean like semi retarded really.

Also the power of suggestion is amazing..I can smoke with a certain seasoned toker and tell him it's sativa even though it's an indica and he'll tell me how he can totally tell that it's a sativa...

More then anything I just think of it as a mood enhancer. Certain cases are different though such as really overpowering strains...I've smoked SSH that was so racy it was kinda scary.....