How does a recycler work?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by DirtyB, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Okay I have a good amount of glass knowledge and information, but I still haven't figured out how recyclers work.
    I can't just get a water test going in my head to picture it, so someone tell me about recyclers!

2. The water in the form of little smoke bubbles is sucked from the perc through a portion of the piece then dumped into a bigger section where the bubbles pop, the smoke continues through the mouthpiece while the water falls down back into the base "water holding section" of the piece. Hope that made sense :smoke: You could also check youtube, I'm sure there are some good close up hits/water tests to better show what I said.

3. What'd a recycler?

4. [quote name='"Hashed Out"']What'd a recycler?[/quote]

It's a piece which pulls water out of a reservoir then "recycles" it back in after traveling through a section of tubing.

5. it recycles water lol

6. I don't need to tell you about a recycler to give you a picture of one. I'll just give you a video of one of them working.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWN4FaixNpA]SG Sovereignty Recycler Milk #3 - YouTube[/ame]

The purpose of this design, I feel, can be boiled down to 3 main points:

1. More contact of the vapor with water which draws the heat from the vapor.
    2. Less air volume for the vapor to stay in, creating less time for it to go stale.
    3. The bubbles are being popped closer to your mouth, which helps savor the taste of the product you are vaporizing.

7. Pulled one of these in my lhs the other day, would be great for oil.