how do you test soil?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by superchill0605, Apr 13, 2013.

1. So I took my ten plants that are 3 weeks old and transplanted them to my spot but definetly don't want to put them in the native soil because its to clay like and thick. Only good thing about my spot is that water starts to appear only about a 1-2 ft deep of digging. So I was going to get 5-10 gal fabric containers and fill them with the aurora organics soil I started them with and burry them in the ground so that they stay adequetly watered. Please tell me if this is okay. Also how do I test my soil to make sure it's all good? Lots of time and money invested so please help me keep them till harvest

2. Soil test kits are ready available in many garden centers at stores like homedepotor lowes. You are burying smart pots into holes I take it and doingguerilla style grow?

3. Yes I am. It's going to be hard to keep them watered that's the only thing really...and keeping bugs off I guess

4. Should work well buryingthe smart potz half way. U have the ability to water regularly and spray themfor pests? Using neem cake in ur soil will help with that issue so u dont have to spray as much.

5. My best advice for watering issues if u cant get to ur crop constantly drop a nice old log or twigs and branches in the bottom of ur hole and add ur soil mix ontop. Use high N sources and rock phosphate to avoid gas off of high N sources as they break downholds it in the soil. But anyway as wood breaks down draws n from the soil so u need to have alot but as it breaks down provides many nutes to the plant and biggest reason Im tellingyou is the wood in the groubd will hold alot of moisture a plants roots can draw from even in dry conditions.

6. Word.. So I'm basically doing a swamp tube

7. Oh forgot to mention neem cake does the samething as rock phosphate holding N inthe soil but instead it gives u pest resistance and high N itself plus other neem compounds ur plant will take up systemically. Good stuff i got to neemresource.com to get mine best quality available.

8. Word. Thanks dick.

9. Should I keep track of ph?

10. If u have a properly cycled organic soil no ph adjustment or testing is neccessary nature doesbit for u and quality compost is a neutral ph. All my supersoil I make phs out to 6.5