Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you respond to the NEGATIVE environmental impacts of cannabis?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Spools, Dec 26, 2012.

1. #1 Spools, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2013

2. I have never heard that and it's the stupidest thing i have ever heard. People that bitch about the negative environmental impact always look at the big Mexican cartel grows and how they don't give a shit about the environment and try to use that agains us. They will kill all the wild life off and poison the waters and soils. As far as the co2 thing i don't even know how to respond to that nonsense. Tell them to go look at legal med gardens and tell me how my worm casting and bat quano are any worse than what the factory farms use.

3. The only negative impact I see is cutting the plant out of the ground and smoking it, I don't see it as a negative thing anyway
    :smoke:

4. Im more concerned with the amount of pesticides we use on our FOOD SOURCES Cornstalks Everywhere But Nothing Else, Not Even A Bee : Krulwich Wonders... : NPR

thats really trashing the envionment.

If you're talking about breathing out smoke as CO2, why even breathe? We exhale CO2 all the time, lets not get silly. If anything, tobacco smokers are the problem to me, because its a greater volume of smoke and its also carcinogenic...

also I vaporize so AFAIK my smoke isn't smoke at all

5. you on the wrong tip OP
    light a j of some good and let the smoky aroma float you to sleep

6. whatever people think about weed, I point them to cigarettes.

For example, you think weed pollutes the environment? Well cigarettes probably do a LOT more

7. Now I learned this back in highschool so its been a few years, but, off all the CO2 that is absorbed by organisms, only like 3-5% is absorbed by tress/bushes/marijuana plants ect, the remaining 95-97% that is a absorbed is taken up by algae. So plants actually do very little in CO2 absorption in the broad view of it all. So if anything algae is going to be doing most of the reuptake of CO2 from weed if anything

8. [quote name='"heyman420"']The only negative impact I see is cutting the plant out of the ground and smoking it, I don't see it as a negative thing anyway
    :smoke:[/quote]

And that's the ignorance our world is coming to. Yeah let's just ignore things we don't know about and just hope everything will be ok. Back in the day doctors used to say cigarettes were healthy, and that's just "a plant" too. Sure they contaminate it like a mf now a days, but still....

9. #9 Spools, Dec 26, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2013

10. Plants create oxygen for us when they're alive right?
    ...also I vape so I doubt there's much more of an environmental impact that would have than simply breathing out?

Even if I smoked still, I would respond by saying to approach the environmental effects caused by drivers and cigarette smokers far before getting on my ass about an occasional habit.

11. Bring up all the trees we cut down

12. [quote name='"RandomThoughts"']Plants create oxygen for us when they're alive right?
    ...also I vape so I doubt there's much more of an environmental impact that would have than simply breathing out?

Even if I smoked still, I would respond by saying to approach the environmental effects caused by drivers and cigarette smokers far before getting on my ass about an occasional habit.[/quote]

This.