Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you remove the child safety from a bic lighter?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by toker79, Jul 12, 2009.

1. How do you remove the child safety from a Bic lighter?

2. Stick a knife or some scissors under it and use leverage.

3. haha Its pretty simple if you just look how its on there..

A little prying will do the job ;)

4. I use needle nose plyers.

5. I think you must be a child to not know how/cant figure out how/cant google how to remove a child safety from a lighter :rolleyes:

6. I stick a fork under it and rip it out...takes 5 seconds

7. I cant stand it when safteys are on. Its a hassle for me and i think its starting to become an OCD thing :D

8. #9 oscarsi, Jul 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2009
    i've never figured out what it does? (to remove the safety)
    easier to light or what?

9. It doesn't make it any harder or easier to light, I don't really get the point of them.

10. It is easier on your thumbs if you take it off. A night of intense smoking with a child safety on your lighter can make for a sore thumb.

11. This is flat wrong. Light a Bic with a child safety and then light one without one. There is no way you can say it is not easier to light.

12. you really had to make a thread to know how to pull the safety off? how high are you? :D

13. Blisters suck.

14. QFT. It's alot easier on your thumb and its way easy to take off.

15. take a hammer, put your lighter on a table and SMASH IT. that should give you the bigest output of gas possible. :p

16. those of you who say it's easier need to be working them thumbs out.

I never take the safety off (that's how i know someone stole my lighter, because im the only person i know who leaves it on) and it's just as easy to light for me. definitely never gotten a blister from a bic.

17. i just use my key

18. can this only be done with bic lighters or all of the disposable ones like it?

19. I usually just use my key, works very well. Not that hard.