Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you measure up to the average?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Quantary, Apr 7, 2016.

1. #1 Quantary, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2016
    According to one article it's 123 joints per year. Average pot user consumes 123 joints per year, state estimates

That seems about right for a regular user. Assuming a 1 gram joint, that breaks down to 4.39 ozs in a year.
    I have been consistently using 1/4 oz a month, or 3 oz per year, all of it is taken in edible form on a nightly basis. Prior to getting a medical card in New Mexico, I had been prescribed Ambien and Klonopin for a sleep disorder. Cannabis is what I call the "soft option." If I happen to stop for a day or several, it is definitely missed, but nothing compared to coming off Ambien and trying to fall asleep.

Ideally I would use more, but I'm always wary of building up too much tolerance, and also there is the law of diminishing returns.

2. I don't think there's such thing as an average. All stoners are different and smoke at different rates. Follow your own pattern not some 'studied' number.
    I used to smoke a Quarter oz a week, then I cut to eighths a week. Now I only use concentrates.