Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you manage to stay productive?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WoodenPalette, Mar 19, 2011.

1. Hello guys, recently I've been smoking again after a month break. (For the past week or so)
    And I sometimes find it hard to stay productive. Maybe it is in the state of mind that I have but I come from very conservative Hispanic parents that think that weed is a real hardcore drug. They constantly give me shit for it and maybe its been ingrained in my train of thought although I do not believe so (But when I'm high I sit and think about it).
    I like to smoke but when I get high I feel like my day has been wasted and I cannot do anything productive except for lay around and play video games. I am also moody.
    I like to smoke weed but I feel like when I smoke, it is a handicap placed on the rest of my day. Is weed not for me or am I over analyzing everything and just do what pleases me. Thank you for your time and advice. :wave:

2. to be productive you need to be less high, smoke less and just get a cheerful buzz on. i find that's the best for the workplace/family environment and anything else you want to focus on and not act like a spaced out stoner

also smoke sativa, it's more of a clear headed high designed to wake you up, where indica is a couch-lock type of high, which seems to me is what you're smoking.

3. Yes I agree, I am ALL about the sativa. But the trouble is is that sometimes the weed I get, I don't know what kind it is. I don't go to the club. :(
    Currently I have some Train Wreck which I hear is sativa. (It's lightly colored so I'm guessing it is)
    Going to have a light smoke of that and chill. Thanks for the advice!

4. I think you're overanalyzing it. Just use weed when it's appropriate, ie, when you don't have anything going on. The only times i smoke weed is when it's nighttime and the day is done, the weekends when I don't have any responsibility, or after school once in a while ( I make sure to get my work done though!). Some people have the ability to be stoned all day every day, because that's their lifestyle. You know, the people that work at home and it doesn't matter if they're stoned because they decide how their day pans out. I'll be honest, 95% of smokers just can't handle being high all day, because most of us have shit to do that requires us to be functioning. If you insist upon being high whenever, then just smoke some sativas, like ocean said.

5. Get less high, try a little bowl. And get Sativa so you have a awake high and energized. :) Hope that helped out man.

6. i feel the same way sometimes.

i too think my parents have something to do with it.

As long as your going to school or have a job, toke on man.

be responsible and know when the time is right.

my .02

7. Really insightful guys! I just have to reestablish my reality in a way. I do feel some sort of guilt in some way because I love my family and although I see it as harmless (I'm going to college in an honors program, studying guitar) they see it as harmful and I don't want to harm them!
    I'm about to toke a bowl of some Train Wreck and play some pokemon heh. Awesome community. Thank you.

8. smoke in less quantities, that helps

9. Smoke sativa and less of it.

10. i smoke at night to avoid that, i get everything out of the way in the day time (school, work, gym, soccer etc)

11. By not being such a fucking burnout.

12. Depends on how you define productive, doesn't it?

I mean, if I finish a painting I think that's being productive even if it isn't making money or any of that crap.

Other than that, I'd say start experimenting with different levels of high and learn the threshold where you can either work or not work. Then you'll be able to find that chill level where you can still function and groove at the same time.

13. don't smoke with your have important shit that needs to get done. after its done, smoke away

14. #14 weednotcrack, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 20, 2011
    idk man,for me it's just mind over matter,but if you can't get shit done when your high that you had planed to do than maybe do that first then get your high on :smoke:

15. Bro next time you're high remember what you typed here. "don't wanna be a lazy pothead" "wanna be more productive" and just get up and do it man. I'm high right now and still gettin higher. You know what I'm bout to do? Go study at my school. Gotta lot to get done. Am I stressed out or poutin around? No cuz I'm hiiiiigghhhh lol yeeeaaaa I feel good.:smoke:

16. I can be high and be productive but why? I'd rather just smoke and actually enjoy myself. On occasion I will smoke before work or write an essay high but I must admit that those things are usually better to do sober and get high after. Might as well save the weed.