Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you load a bowl?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by -mokewater, Mar 3, 2010.

1. I'm sure there's a thread somewhere for this, but I couldnt find it with the search. So how do you load a bowl? Do you just stuff a nug in there? Or maybe you like to grind it up real fine. Do you pack it in there super tight so it don't fall out, or do you like to smoke loosely aerated weed?

Also, discuss advantages and disadvantages of various methods.

2. i put in a nug just large enough to cover the hole, so im not breathing in ashes (no screen) then i grind some more weed up and put it on top.

3. I just pull off a small nug and let it rip! :bongin:

4. first i heat it up in the microwave, then pull it out and put chocolate syrup on it and sprinkles, then i put a brownie on top and get a spoon and dig in...but thats with ice cream....with weed i just use my awesome grinder cuz i love to catch the keef in the bottom for later:D:D but without a grinder just break it up with ur fingers but dont shred it...and pack it in the bowl with your thumb with as much pressure as it takes to click a mechanical pencil...thats the best way that i have found, loosely packed bowls are MEHHH nothin great...dont want it really tight either cuz then its hard as fuck to get it to ignite and it pisses me off cuz all i wanna do is smoke some damn weed but i cant cuz its packed so damn tight no air can even get through!!:mad::mad::mad:

5. Depending on how many heads.
    - Just me I'll grind it up REAL good. Pack a good dub in that bitch.
    - If there's mad heads I'll make em lil nugs to last.

6. How bout advantages and disadvantages. I find that finely ground weed burns better and more evenly, but the smoke is much harsher.

7. Take a nug, break it down, put in bowl. done.

8. Nug > Rip it up a little > Stick in bowl> Smoke > Ash falls into bong > Good Hits, No ash, and No scooby snacks.

9. I usually break it up with my hands or my grinder, (much larger chunks with my hands than with the grinder, obviously) and then if I don't have a screen in whatever I'm using I do the thing the other guy mentioned where you put a lil' bit bigger piece of nug to cover the hole then cover the rest with the ground stuff, and if it has a screen I just throw it all in. When i pack it down, I use one o' me thumbs and I push on it gently until it gets pressed down kinda tight and gets rid of some of the air spaces, but loose enough that when I remove my thumb it springs back a lil' bit, if that makes sense. Provides a nice bowl that is tight enough that it doesn't burn like wildfire, and will keep rolling pretty good and all, but loose enough that it'll take the fire nicely and get some big rips.

10. this is a noob questions in the seasoned tokers area

11. in a bong/bubblier.......ground fine with a screen so i don't accidentally suck it through prematurely

in a spoon.......small nug at the bottom, ground weed on top

seems to work well for me, burns nice and even

12. If you can stop by any cigar shop or head shop, pick up some pipe screens. They will definitely make the experience more enjoyable because you don't have pieces flying into your mouth.

If you can get a screen, then grind up your weed as finely as you like and throw all that shit in there and light up.

If you can't get a screen, throw a small nug, just big enough to cover the hole, then throw some ground up herb on top and around that.

You could just throw a bigger size nug and light like that, but I find that that way is less efficient.

13. i'd say seasoned tokers probably load up a little different from newbs.

my weed breaks up into dust just from my fingers. I lost all my gear to the po-po a little bit back so i'm going minimalistic for awhile. just homemade pieces and my fingers as a grinder.

14. Yea, this is pretty much the noobiest of noob questions. But I don't mind answering it, we all know that less than half the people in here meet the qualifications for being a "seasoned toker" myself included. And I've seen a lot of people give stupid or just wrong answers in the apprentice tokers' thread.

15. you sure your not just asking this cause your clueless and about to smoke your first bowl? lets be honest here...

16. WTF you heat your ice cream up? :confused:

@OP, I like to tear it to bits with my fingers, then shove it in there. Not too packed, not too loose, but juuuust right. I feel this way I get concentrated hits, and it burns at a decent pace. I generally grind/tear all of my weed up before I smoke it, but that's because I generally smoke schwag. Maybe when I move to CA I can come back with some badass nug-loading techniques that no one's even thought to think of before. :3

17. He's not asking because he wants to know how, he's asking because he wants to know your preference. Not a noob.

18. It's just thicker smoke. So, it's not harsher, it's just more. :smoke:

19. the finer the better and just pack it in there itll roll and hit nicer dont just load a nug in the bowl

20. #20 B_herb420, Mar 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 3, 2010

I break it up into little chunks. (just to insure no stems/seeds/leaves). Then fill the bowl up. If the screen is clean, I push/pack it pretty hard. Enough to make all the herb in the slider even/flat. Then :bongin:

This is also a great way to grind your bud really fine...

Attached Files: