Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you light your bowl?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by AlexHzzz, Oct 27, 2012.

1. #1 AlexHzzz, Oct 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 28, 2012
    When I use my pipe I have the lighter's flame go across the bowl, then I inhale so in slightly 'bends' the flame down.
    Just enough to heat up the weed without actual contact as to not waste THC.

2. i like to use my lighter and burn the weed.

3. with hempwick

4. I just look at it and it usually spontaneously combusts for a short period of time

5. Hemp wick if I can help it. Flavor saver

6. I use a magnifying glass. Solar hits.

Na I kid, although that'd be cool, but why is there such a debate about this, just grab a lighter and light it lol

7. I use a mini torch. It uses butane but burns much hotter than a lighter.

8. [quote name='"Ingjr"']I use a mini torch. It uses butane but burns much hotter than a lighter.[/quote]

Pretty sure that destroys the thc before you inhale it

9. Whether you hold it just above the weed, or torch that shit, you still combusted your bud. It's no different. :smoking:

10. corner it and try not to touch flame butane its gross

11. I corner the bowl.

12. With a lighter

13. I first eat a lot of beans

then 15 to 20 minutes later I pull down my pants
    then I squat over me bowl

then I ignite the lighter

then I rip ass, causing a methane flame thrower to ignite my cannabis

and because I'm so goddamn flexible I have my head near my ass and am able to hit out of my
    piece

stupid thread op

14. There's a type of lighter that lets you adjust the flame (I forget what it's called) my friend was fooling around and took off the top part and highered it up way more than it's supposed to go and made a torch. I lit the bowl that way, kicked the shit outta my throat lol

15. They call that a crack lighter where im from.(after it's been modified to throw large flame)

16. Burning it destroys 50% of the cannabinoids no matter what. The heat of the flame does not matter.

However using your pipe like a vapor genie may vaporize some before you start smoking. Getting you a bit higher.

17. [quote name='"mambugaw"']Burning it destroys 50% of the cannabinoids no matter what. The heat of the flame does not matter.

However using your pipe like a vapor genie may vaporize some before you start smoking. Getting you a bit higher.[/quote]

Source?

18. Same here.I don't know what they're actually called but they cost 50 cents and we always just called them crack lighters because all the local crackheads actually do use those lighters because they're cheap and the big flame helps with lighting their unmentionables somehow.

19. [quote name='"dudeindistress3"']

Source?[/quote]

It makes logical sense, even if it only hit that magic temperature for a moment.

However logic does not always equal science. I'm interested in this too

20. [quote name='"Roflspammer"']

It makes logical sense, even if it only hit that magic temperature for a moment.

However logic does not always equal science. I'm interested in this too[/quote]

I heard someone say 30% earlier, and I did think it destroyed some, so I looked for a source and couldn't find any