How do you know when your dead?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by hurb1, Sep 7, 2010.

1. #1 hurb1, Sep 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2010
    How do you know when you're dead? If the obvious answer is, " You don't." Then that brings the question, "How do you know when you're alive?"

2. pinch yourself, like in a dream

3. i would imagine it feels much different than being alive

4. haha. I like these answers. Is there a point to asking a question without an answer?

5. I don't know if death has the internet.

6. You begin to rot and stink:rolleyes::smoke:

7. If you feel like having a coca cola (nutter-butter, steak sandwich, conversation, walk in the country, blow job, whatever...) you are alive.

8. you'll hear a rattle.

9. I think death will be like dreamless sleep. I also think that you won't know when you're dead because it could work the same way with sleep. Do actually remember being asleep?

10. i think it'll actually be like a sleepless dream...

11. Actually, you can feel in dreams. So pinching yourself not an accurate test to see if you're dreaming or not.

The truth is, you don't know, you might be alive, but you're probably dead. The most likely scenario is, you're both.

12. I would like that, but your brain will be dead. So how would you dream?

13. Time is just an illusion, you can dream a million dreams in a millisecond. Who's to say that's not what's happening right now?

14. maybe im bigger than my brain.

15. I only dream maybe 1-3 dreams per night. And that's maybe once a week so i'm pretty sure there aren't a million dreams or anything.

Because in my dreams weird shit happens. In reality it can't so i'm not dreaming.

I hope it's like that but at the moment i don't have much faith in that belief. It's like in the back of my mind i know this can't be it but so far i'm lead to believe otherwise...

16. Sleep is different from death though dude, you can't compare the dreams of sleep with the dreams of death. Fuckin time is an illusion bro! Time is a lie, you could dream a million dreams in a millisecond for reals.

How do you know weird shit isn't happening. How do you know you're not gonna wake up one day as an alien and be like "SHIT THAT WAS A WEIRD DREAM I WAS A FUCKING HUMAN!!" You don't know. Anything is possible. Anything can happen. Use your imaginationnnnn.

17. yea, imagination.

take some of mine if you need it, im overflowing.

18. Are you asking for an answer in the mindset of a dead person or one that is alive?

19. Perhaps when we die, we are just born again literally. One life ends, another begins... :eek::eek: