Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you hold your lighter when hitting a bowl?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ganjubas, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Hello all.

I know this is probably the most retarded question I can ask but how do you hold you're lighter when torching your bowl? I always end up burning myself and I'd like to know how you guys do it without burning yourself.

Thanks in advance.

2. crooked up,(holding it fully sideways) so the fire goes in the air, and not burning your fingers.:)

3. #3 Gunzmoke, Sep 9, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2010
    hold it upside down with the flint/gas button facing the inside of your hand and the flame away from your hand... so hard to explain im'a take a pic instead.

Attached Files:

4. I hold the flint with my index and the button facing away from me, light, put the metal to the bowl, inhale.
    Some times I do it opposite and use my thumb with the button facing me. Lighter is almost always flat horizontal, unless I'm high as hell and I try to light a bowl holding the lighter vertical because my high ass can't find the right way to hold the bowl.

5. ^^
    This, after the first pipeload I toked I burnt my finger, and started lighting it the otherway and have ever since.
    Its a finger-saver man, I'm serious.

6. I hold it sideways, and down just a tiny bit with the edge of the gas button facing perfectly down and
    the very tip of the flame is going into the bowl. Almost like Gunzmoke's picture, except more sideways.
    I try to inhale as little butane as possible.

7. Exactly like this.:eek:

8. 28062010041.jpg

9. I just tilt the bowl sideways a bit and hold the lighter regularly.

10. Using your index finger or the right side of your thumb usually prevent burning your fingers. I feel so dumb when i do though..

11. i hold it with my right hand

12. This way.

13. Ive seen people hold their lighter and flicking it with there index finger and some with their thumb, i personally use my thumb though.

14. this here ^
    :smoking:

15. I hold it basically straight up, a slight angle, maybe 20 degrees. My lungs do the rest. Perfect corner everytime.

16. Basically like everyone else said. Sideways. When the flame gets close to the bud, I suck in and the flame goes straight to the bud and lights it. It's hard to explain, but simple to do.

17. This. ^

18. look up the youtube user "pokealotasmot420" and watch how he does it when he's torching a bowl.

19. i have never had this problem. The other way of sparking up a lighter can be very helpful for most people though.

One thing i notice alot is that some people don't breath in while im lighting the bowl for them and then it burns me haha. You need that suction to pull the flame towards the bowl and away from your hand.

I also find that tilting the bowl a little can solve the problem too.