How do you hit your pipe?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Phased, Aug 31, 2010.

1. I'm curious to know, GrassCity.

Amongst my friends and I, the tally is divided.
    I was curious to see what a large smoking community had to say.

Topics for further discussion:

Do you find that knowing how to draw smoke into your mouth before inhaling also makes you more adept at truly "milking" a bong?

Would you consider smokers that inhale the smoke from a pipe directly into their lungs to be smoking improperly?

How would you explain the method of using your mouth as a reservoir to cool smoke and increase hit size to someone who inhales directly into their lungs?

My Answers:

Yes, I do believe that knowing how to draw smoking into your mouth before inhaling makes you more adept at truly "milking" a bong.

Here's why:
    I believe that the true ability to "milk" a bong incorporates the use of filling the entire bong initially only using this same "sucking" method and reserving your maximum lung power for when the smoke reaches your mouth so that you are not wasting the smoke out of your nose by continuing said method.

No. I wouldn't consider them to be smoking improperly. You can smoke however you'd like, it won't bother me!
    Here's why:
    I feel that inhaling the smoke directly into your lungs is extremely harsh on the throat.

A few methods have worked for me. Some people seem to understand the concept more quickly than others. I have compared the act to smoking a cigarette or sucking a straw. I have also directly explained the method using the same wording that I posted this question in.

I took a huge rip of pure kief from the finest of dank and this question wandered into my head. I was wondering what everyone else thought, stoned or not!
    :D

2. I usually inhale it directly into my lungs but I do it both ways

3. not really. practice does make perfect, but there really isn't much to practice in the first place.

I just inhale it straight, yeah it gets hot but I just ignore it. never really thought of it a big enough deal.

what does intrigue me is when people take a hit and let out all this smoke as they take away the pipe. unless I purposely open my mouth wide enough that never happens to me, so I guess people do that on purpose. but I dont really know why :confused:

4. I do a combination of the two. Sometimes if I have enough weed to spare I puff it a few times and then inhale all of that plus a little hit almost like a tobacco pipe. I have my own technique/ritual if you will.

5. Joints are always the reservoir because they are harsher (a little french inhale followed by a quick deep inhale from the mouth makes it much less harsh IMO). I don't get enough smoke from a bowl to use the mouth reservoir thing when I corner a bowl, which is most of the time).

6. with my spoon i do the mouth reservoir if im smokin a kief topped bowl or smokin hash but if im just smokin bud out of it i just take it to the lungs..

7. With my spoon i always let my mouth/throat fill up then i clear it then milk it again and clear.

8. I do both, whatever I'm feeling really. Mostly I smoke little one hitter bowls so I inhale the smoke, very slowly straight into my lungs.