Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you guys feel that night or two after quitting?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nomotivation, Oct 5, 2011.

1. I truly think those are the peak depression stages or maybe its just me, I get so much anxiety its un fucking real, makes me wanna smoke so bad. Once you get over that hump though its downhill. WBU?

2. We quittin cancer sticks..?

3. Honestly it only sucks when your mind's on it. Over summer when I stopped for like 2 days I couldn't eat and had anxiety. Once school started I stopped for 2 weeks and didn't feel any of it. Slept fine and everything. Find ways to keep yourself occupied instead of sitting at the computer wishing you were high.

4. I honestly feel brokenhearted.

5. im on a forced t break for 2 weeks

i prob aint gonna feel nothing no derpression its just

i love weed soo much it jsut sucks

thats it tho just sucks but ill get threw it

6. First 3-4 days are terrible but after that u start getting used to not smoking. On day 5 of a t-break

7. Appearently that it takes three days for the serotonin (the happy chemical in your brain fuid) to return to normal after prolonged use

as I understand it
    BDC

8. lack of sleep, lack of appetite, VERY irritable...

9. But the canabinoid recepters get use to you "calming" yourself down by smoking.. over very prolonged periods of time it will take much much longer than that for you body to create those naturally again...

10. Can't sleep, don't wanna eat, anxious as FUCK. That's the worst. The anxiety coupled with the insomnia is a one-two punch for me.

Protip: Buy some Melatonin for the first night or two and keep popping them till you go to sleep.

11. Wait..weed not cigarettes?

Am I the only one that has no problem taking a T-break. I do get cravings, but I can easily resist it, I've been on a T-break for a month so far after smoking almost every day the past whole year.

12. never have a problem taking a tbreak, like it sucks but ya gotta do whatchu gotta do, im on a mini one right now (day 1 of 3) and it sucks, but hey even thats enough to get me blasted next smoke sesh, so i just look forward to that, and it does the job for me, plus its not the end of the world that i cant smoke fer a bit.

lifes not all about smokin bud, its a great part of life, but we all can live without it, so when we take breaks, for whatever reason, it shouldnt crush us.

finding something thats amazing, non addictive, and safe are some of the things we take pride in as tokers, if we're a wreck because we're taking a break or cant smoke for whatever reason, it abolishes the non addictive reputation of the herb thats slowly becoming more commonly known.

anyways, toke on :smoke:

13. I have no idea, I've heard about the serotonin levels but I thought weed effected dopamine receptors and ecstasy serotonin. I have to agree with LilJ I think it takes a year or more to actually feel legitimately like you did prior to smoking pot after heavy use. My friend said though after 3 weeks he felt a complete sense of clarity... idk I'm just curious

14. Well, for maybe the first few days I might feel slightly on edge, and be a bit more insomniatic (as opposed to normal, which means I don't really sleep anyway lol...one of the reasons I actually toke). But otherwise I feel pretty much normal.

Now if we're talking about cigs, that's exactly how I feel when I try and quite tobacco.

15. The first night dry: "Damn, I really wish I had weed right now. I wanna smoke so bad. This sucks. I'm pissed. I hate life. Fuck you. Fuck everyone."
    The second night dry: "Fuck. Still dry.. wish I had some."
    The third night dry: "Don't have weed. Ohh :\"
    The fourth night dry: "Yeah. I'd like to smoke but I don't need it."
    The fifth night dry: "I don't need this everyday, it's easy to quit."

16. #16 kojopolis, Oct 5, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 5, 2011
    lol? i've binge smoked for a month, i did this summer, school started so i stopped, here are some serious symptoms i experienced in the first week they were gone after that, then i started again after about 3 weeks
    - i felt bored
    - became a bit douchy
    - started dreaming again
    - less motivation, sort of stopped thinking about things so i kind of just did nothing all day

17. hahaha well put thank you

18. I'm pretty cool whenever I stop. I know I'll get baked later.

19. Ill usually feel pretty bad within more than 8 hours of not smoking......
    start to get irritable, then stressed, cant sleep or eat or really enjoy much.....lol good thing this RARELY happens. I always have some bud around thankfully!

20. I was reallly stressed like that last night like literally bugging out about stuff i shouldn't have been, then I calmed myself down but i could legitimately not sleep