Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you guys feel about hookah?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by DankyDan, Feb 13, 2011.

1. I know a bunch of people who seem to live to smoke hookah and it's really annoying to me. Even better they call cigarettes a retarded waste of money, not that I smoke them or anything. One of my friend spends like $25 a week on the stuff for himself alone and laughs at me for wasting my money smoking weed :rolleyes: I personally think it's a dumb fad, but it seems like theres a ton of people just like him, so I figured I'd ask my fellow stoners their opinion.

2. One, I am not a stoner.
    Two, a hookah is a bong used to smoke shesha.
    Three, cigarettes are a waste of money in my opinion, because I don't experience stress.

I love to smoke shesha through a hookah. Its nice and relaxing, flavour full and fun social way to pass the time. I love smoke tricks too.

3. Oh, you're not a stoner, you just spend a lot time on a board full of them. No need to get offended by the term because you interpret it differently. :(

Also, you can do pretty much all of what you listed while smoking marijuana which brings me to the only valid reason to smoke shisha which is the fact that it's legal and there are hookah bars.

4. I smoke weed every day/night.
    Just don't consider myself a stoner.

I sure as hell can. But I like to smoke from a hooka to get more smoke.
    Weed smoke is a lot harder on the lungs. Shisha allows ease to make smoke rings :)

I love both to be honest.
    But I dont grab my hooka each night. I pack a bowl and enjoy weed instead.

5. Alright, that's fine like I said it's annoying that some people get uptight over being called a stoner. To me and I'm sure some other people it's just another word for someone that tokes.

Also, my friends are really obsessed with being bad a smoke tricks, so I guess it'd be cool to show off at a bar, but I'd much rather spend the cash on weed :D

6. Whats your issue?
    Are you saying that shesha is expensive????

Im confused now

7. Well some people just don't like the word..sometimes there's a difference between a stoner and a smoker though. But anyways I love me some fat hookah rips after some herb.

There's some really bomb flavors and I love the thick smoke, and exhaling from the nose. Have you ever used it?

I don't do any tricks though I just puff fat.

8. No, I'm saying it's a pretty pointless hobby if you're into smoking weed. I have no issue, I made a thread attempting to start a discussion and you posted with an obvious stick up your ass over me addressing the grasscity community as stoners.

Also, I smoked hookah a lot for a week or two back when one of my old friends got obsessed with it and was constantly buying the stuff. I didn't really see the point back then, but I wasn't big on weed then either.

9. It's a different smoking experience, and I do enjoy it.

If you have your own hookah, then it's cheaper than going to hookah bars, shisha is not expensive, and lasts for a long time.

10. I find hookah smoking very enjoying and relaxing.
    hanging out with a couple friend, shooting the shit.

11. Nah there is no stick up my ass.

I just said I'm not a stoner.
    Lots of people assume that one who smokes weed, is a stoner.
    But I want them to justify for me the fact that everyone who drinks, is an alcoholic.

Not easy is it. Same argument with a stoner.
    But who cares. The purpose of this is to talk about hookahs.

I don't see how you think it is pointless if you smoke weed.
    It offers a different experience.
    I know a Jewish family that has a really nice Hookah and they have parties and bust it out. They bust out the weed too eventually, but they like the hookah thats for sure :)

12. enough bs aahhh
    theres a hookah bar in town from me
    and a headshop in the back of it, the place is sooo chill
    obviously ran by some potheads, but i love to sit down
    grab a few flavors and suck on a hookah all night.
    it is very relaxing, but after a while iget sick from all the nicotine.
    i mean after like 5 bowls of the shit haha, i was sick as hell.

13. Ive smoked from friends hookahs, and even at hookah bars.

But i dont enjoy it that much. Most of the time i cant even taste a flavour only when i exhale very slow.. and it doesnt taste AMAZING or anything. No effects, and i cant do smoke tricks.

When im baked though, its so much fun :smoke:

14. Just takes practice.
    Start with a kill hit, or french inhale.

Kill hit is a big milky cloud of smoke leaving your mouth and then you suck it back in.
    French inhale you let it leave your mouth and breath it back in through your nose.

You become a champ if you can do it with weed a lot.
    Cause the smoke is a lot harsher :D

15. I smoke everyday and would say this compared to weed.... hookah is awesome. You know, sometimes I just don't feel like getting so ripped that I can't do much, so I smoke hookah because I love to smoke period. You can try something different with hookah everytime and well, it's legal so you can do it anywhere which is sweet. Nothing will beat MJ tho :D

16. its ok.. i did it a lot when my roommate got a hookah, and i thought it was awesome.. but i got over it i guess. i don't think it's all its crack up to be, but i can see why someone would like it

17. Nice picture mate :D

18. i learned how to do smoke tricks by practicing with the hookah. but it sucks when i go to a hookah bar and it's like $35 per hookah plus $2 for every additional coal; but it is really chill when i'm high. i just wish i had one so i can use it whenever i want. :p

19. I like to smoke hookah. Its usually a relaxing atmosphere so its cool to chill out with some friends and listen to music or whatever they got going on. I bought a mini hookah to smoke at home with but it isnt the same. I can see why people wouldnt enjoy it-some people just dont like tobacco, you know?

20. Hookah bar = waste of money

Now if you own one it's fine but after the first couple times I don't see the joy in it, gets boring after awhile and you don't get high. It's a better alternative to cigarettes I'll admit but not better than weed haha.