How do you guys avoid getting busted?

Discussion in 'General' started by SuperJew, Dec 12, 2008.

1. #1 SuperJew, Dec 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2008
    Hi. N00b here. Well my brother has dabbled in growing a little bit, but thats all of the experience we have, and we were paranoid just from having 3 small plants in the house barely producing any bud. Whenever the water guy would come over, or a friend that didnt know we were growing came over, we always shut the door to our grow area and turned off the lights because you could see the light from our grow room through the stair well down into our basement.

Were looking at expanding our operation to one or two plants to make clones from, and 5-10 clones. harvested every 2-3 months to make some extra money. But we live in a red state with draconian marijuana laws especially for growers. Should I worry about the smell of that kind of operation?

Were also not sure of what kind of wattage we can get away with before the police suspect something is up, were gonna try to keep our grow lights under 1000 watts per hour for our small house, and Im gonna live at my moms house so as to reduce our electricity usage even further.

Ive never done this before so naturally Im a little scared at first.

2. Just run, run like the wind.

And remember, fabreze is your friend.

3. Well if youre growing, just remember that "LOOSE LIPS SINK SHIPS"

Run your mouth to the wrong person, they run they mouth to someone, and and so on and so forth. As long as it stays between you and your brother theres not a bunch to worry about.

As for smell, Ive only done an outdoor grow so Im not too good with indoors. But look into charcoal air filters or something of the sort.

4. If you're doing 5-10 clones you could probably get away with just using a 600w lamp and nobody will suspect anything. In order for people to start becoming suspicious of your power usage you would have to use over 2000 watts of just lighting. Most computers run on at least 420w power supplies. Smell would be an issue for anyone that is going inside the house. Outside the house wouldn't be a problem. I would just make sure that your grow area is completely sealed and if people will be coming into the house that are against marijuana you could build a carbon scrubber or buy one if you have the money.

5. Think realistic, people go from gas to electric appliances all the time, if you had a gas stove & say a water heater, & switched those to electric, your power bill will increase quite a bit, & I dont think the power co gives a flying fuck if you did that or hooked up a 1000w light so long as the bill is paid on time.

Smell? you might have to cut a hole through the exterior wall, or hook up to a vent that leads through the attic out the roof, you could use some carbon filter material & make a scrubber, the idea is to suck the smelly air through a filter & exhaust it outside smell free. If thats not possible, there are other options, a lot of times you wont get much smell until you start cutting on them or moving them around.

Sounds like a SOG style grow would be good for you, look in the grow sections here, tons of knowledge there bro.

6. What is SOG?

7. sea of green, your going to want to start reaing ALOT befor eyou do this.

8. Never tell anyone!

Use common sense, don't have a bunch of idiots hanging out smokin weed, keep low key, under the radar. If you act, dress, and look like your doing something illegal then your just giving the pigs a reason to check you out.