How do YOU grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by nugs420, Oct 5, 2007.

1. I am looking for good advice from any of you experts out there. How do you grow the highest yielding plants outdoors? In containers or in the ground? What fertilizers and amendments do you recommend? Clones or seeds? PLEASE give me some tips. I have grown before, but the biggest yield I ever had was about 4 ounces from 2 plants. Every other year has been a failure. I live in a good place to grow outdoors, so there is no reason to grow indoors. My season goes from March until the end of October, long enough to grow monster plants. The biggest plant I ever had turned out to be male. It was about 8 feet tall and the stalk was like a flag pole. So all you ganja gurus out there, help a brother out so that I never have to buy a $400 ounce ever again. Thanks

2. So check it out.. I wouldn't grow in the ground just cause I don't.. I use growbags they work great. Start out with some 5 gal growbags in like april, I would get some clones to be honest, or better yet make your own by getting a mother plant a few months before and cloning off of her in Febuary. But, put the clones in the 5 gal grow bags filled with some Happy Frog(the soil I use), I can't really recommend any other soils cause I haven't used them.

Put them outside in like april, and water them with just normal water for like 2-3 weeks, when they get a little bigger just use some veg nutes(I use pureblend pro), and give them what it says on the bottle for middle sized plants(15ml a gal). About a month later transplant to 10g - or strait to 20g's which is what your gonna want to end up in so you might as well do it from the git.. 20g grow bag is about the smallest yer gonna want to be in by like june at the latest july(at least a month before they start to flower).

The whole time mine veg I top them to keep them bush size. I don't get into big trees that have all kinds of shake at the bottom, this way all the cola's are humongo and there is no bottom crap... I let them go when they start to flower...

By the time your into june and july I would also recommend that you brew some of that micro tea for them.. THEY LOVE IT.. And don't underestimate a big outdoor plants needs for food.. They love to eat.. So just keep feeding them.. I give mine like an ounce and a half a day with Sweet and Carbo load, I just added botanicare's silica blast too..

Obviously when they start to flower, start the flower nutes.. I just use pureblends soil flower formula, but maxsea is probly cheaper.. my little clones that I put out on june 3(so they're kinda small) this last year have eaten 6 gallons of nutrients so far in flower.. so those botanicare nutes get a little expensive, but look what you get!

And like I said, I started in june this year.. If you want those yeilds your talking about with 2 pounds a plant.. give each plant some room, like 5x5. In a spot that gets sun from morning til dusk, no shade. Feed them like they like it. Have them in those big bags by mid summer to get a good root ball before flower. And put your plants out in like April.

3. When you top your plants, where do you do it? I have read several different things, some say just above the nodes, others say just below. Also, how many times do you top? I tried this once and it seemed like the plant just stopped growing for a few weeks until it recovered. Also, do you train or tie your plant to maximize sunlight of the individual colas or do you just let it grow. Thanks for the tips.

4. cutting any grow tip off (including the main top) creates a hormonal condition making the plant branch out more. this is the most exaggerated at the next lowest internode below the cut which is why you will see so many people saying that topping a plant creates two main stems at the next lower internode.

unfortunately, even though i think i understand how this works, i'm also not familiar with common methods for picking which branches to "top" and when to do it for best results and am interested in hearing more from experienced growers on the topic.