How do you grow DENSE budz ??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by nymphetamine, May 10, 2008.

1. Hi all - i'm kinda curious.. is there a secret to growing dense buds or is it related to strain...?? i'm on my 2nd grow but i wanna grow strains or learn how to grow that dense shit...to date i've grown rocklock and currently ice cream and from the looks of my drying so far ice cream will be nice but not DENSE - so like wuts da secret - Help !!

2. If your using CFL lights, switch to HID lights.

And from what i know indica has gernerally denser buds than sativa, but ive seen some sativa buds that were dense as hell.

HID lights will help alot

3. hey kikkoman - ? i'm using 600watts hps tho,... and pushing past the recommnd 60days flowering,.. i didnt know indicas were more dense tho,.. ne suggestns on particular strains or is it grow method ??

4. You can cut your plant and make it have one main cola that will grow dense buds.

5. hey revolution - thts a good point.. which leads me 2 ask then do SOG n SCROG grows usually produce denser buds ??? kinda been leaning towards doin a scrog grow neway ...

6. ok ive been reading up on it. Try to keep your temp in the room below 80. Nice tight buds require a high ratio of K to N. Too little K and too much N can lead to looser buds.

Also, your using MH for vegging right?

Try out some Northern Lights for a genetically dense bud strain. The genetics makes the biggest difference

7. hey kikkoman - uve helped me out alot - thanks !! im guilty on tha temps..weve had a cpl of heat spells here n cali tht shot temps up to abt 95 twice now. regarding nutes im good on that using maxsea's 3 20 20... concerning MH tho, gotta be honest - used hps all tha way thru veg n flower..FUCK !! but now i know, right !! gud lookn out for a newbie lol

8. Keep your night temps below 70 and day temps below 80, give your plants at least 50-60 watts a piece of HPS lighting, and pick the right strain. In my experiance, anything with dominate Afghani genetics produce about as dense of buds as you will find.

9. sup hootskers 420 - thanks for tha tips; greatly appreciated... i didnt know the temps were so important to density.. now i gotta work on choosin better strains cuz rt now in my stock i hv northernberry, red diesel, strawb haze, mangolian indica, and purple cindy on deck.. but i'll start lookn for 'denser' strains to fuck wit.. thanks again bro

10. Like others told me on here you need a good light from a 400 watt hps or 1000 hps, and some good nutes, and some DNF fortifer should help with some weight.

11. sup lil old me, i know i got to ur response too late,.... but wtf is DNF fortifier ??... does ne1 else have anyy experience with that stuff. ive been using eel river's gravity, but im startn to think its abt strain selection n temps... sound right ??

12. lots and lots of light, rapid air exchange (which provides lower temps and co2) & lots of healthy foliage will provide dense buds.

13. mornin A/W - always a pleasure to learn from you. will defntly keep ur tips n mind !!!

14. Many of the pioneers of indoor growing recommend at least 50-65 watts of light per square foot of canopy. Some use over 100 watts. I have always tried to keep my watts per square foot at least 65. Cool night temps below 70 will promote larger buds buds as well just like hooskers says. Ample supply of fresh air or even better, CO2 enrichment will help out a lot. Good luck!

15. Molassas the last month.

16. the strain is the biggest factor imo, tho all these things help

17. High temps will give you airy buds, or no budz at all..
    Try to feed them every 2 or 3 days, I started giving mine a fertilizer tea every 3 days less than a month ago and it has made a lot of difference as far as bud density goes..

18. hey seedling4life - thanks for tha tip.. ive been hearing/reading a lil about teas, etc.. i wonder u can get that type of stuff,.. hydrostore maybe.. or is it homemade from compost, etc.. ??