Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you get your joint filters to stay?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Rugaroo, Mar 29, 2011.

1. I use a rolled up piece of cardboard from matchboxes, but I have to use tape to stop it from unrolling. Also, how do you make a proper place for your mouth, without a filter?

2. It's a joint. What do you mean a proper place for your mouth? I personally never use a filter when I roll a joint but just put it in after you have finnished the roll.

3. You roll a piece of card into a cylinder and put at one end of the joint... and then you roll the joint. I'm not sure I understand the question. :p

4. Why do you use tape? All you do is put the crutch in the end of the joint and Voilà! It stays rolled up.

5. Just put smoke the joint like you would if you put a crutch in it.

6. You may think rolling a joint with the crutch already inside it is a good idea...but you should learn to roll a nice straight joint of just weed and then roll your crutch up, and put it in one side of the joint and let it expand and tighten itself...it works much better and you can pack your joints down by pinching and shaking w/o the fear of launching your filter into the distance...

7. So you're actually supposed to let the filter expand? I'll post pics of what i just made

8. Step 1. Roll a joint.
    Step 2. Roll a crutch.
    Step 3. Put crutch inside joint.
    Step 4. Smoke joint.

It's simple dude.

9. I'm new to rolling >>

10. Yes, that is how you do it.

Baptise that joint bro, shit looks rough haha.

11. It smokes pretty great, slow burning

12. It's alright, everybody's new to rolling at some point. The J you posted looks better than most of my early joints. The end looks a bit loosed though, pack the weed down snug next time you roll up.

13. heh, it fell apart about 3/4's of the way through

14. I roll my crutch up. Lick the last layer of the crutch inside and outside the whole thing. Then use your lighter to heat it up while holding one side of the crutch keeping it tight. Switch sides and heat up the other till it sticks together. Shouldn't rake more than 15 seconds when u get the hang of it.

Then I roll with the crutch in the paper. I don't know if that's the usual way to roll with a crutch but that's how I was taught

15. I roll it up, lick it, place it at one end, pour weed in, roll up in a cone starting from crutch side, and twist of top.

16. Seems easy way to burn your hands...

But in response to OP's question: Yes, let the filter expand inside the joint, giving it maximum tightness and straightness...