Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you finance a co-op/dispensary?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Jonny Chronic, Sep 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone here know how to get financing for a medical cannabis co-op or medical cannabis dispensary?

I've been doing a lot of research on how to get one started legally, but so far I haven't come across any resources for funding.

I've contacted banks and other organization that lend to small business start-ups, but they've all responded in the negative.

I'm a caregiver to a terminally ill cancer patient and I am very serious about starting up a clean, patient oriented medication center.

I have good qualifications and a strong business plan, I just need financing.

I am currently based in Southern California, but would be willing to relocate under the right circumstances.

2. To the best of knowledge the only funding available is our wallet Ohh and its its not tax deductable because its not leagle federaly. Ya gonna imprison yourself? I'm not. Yep so find yourself some clients and start to grow for them, statrt out small and as your budget allows and start to build on that., If ya find another way please let me know, good luck to ya.

3. I would be interested in discussing this. I may have some financing sources that could help you but I would have to see your business plan. Would you be willing to share that with me? I am in Texas, believe strongly in medical mj, and could use it myself to treat a mental health issue, but obviously there are legal issues in Texas with doing that. I am trying to find a way to create a job for myself, or an investment in a CO or CA endeavor (either a grow facility or a dispensary) where I could go up periodically for "work".

4. Forgot to say that I am a corporate/securities attorney in Austin, Texas with a masters law degree (LLM) in federal income tax law. I don't know the laws re what you can and can't do with dispensaries and grows in states where medical is legal, but I believe I could get up to speed pretty quickly. Thanks much for your consideration.

5. start small try starting a delivery service because you dont need alot of cash for start up then build up to a dispencery

6. If you're asking here, you're nowhere near ready or qualified.

7. I'm asking here, I am ready AND qualified!

Seeking investors for for-profit medical marijuana business in Colorado.

8. We actually no longer allow threads on the business side of MMJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.