Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do you feel being called a pothead, druggie..

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by *Blazed Panda*, Sep 7, 2009.

1. Hey grass city first time poster here :smoking:
    Been toking for a while now and around my area not alot of people do it that often. Basically everyone now thinks I just get stoned all the time like its a bad thing and call me stoner, druggie etc. trying to give me a bad name and its making me think about quitting. Maybe its because there not used to people getting high and think its bad because its a drug i don't know. I dont think getting stoned is a bad thing, it makes me happy, helps me sleep/eat etc. Just getting f'd off with people sterotyping me and making me feel like what im doing is a bad thing and im a bad person :( How do I learn to not give a fk what they think ?

2. I don't mind being called a pothead. My whole family calls me a stoner, which I find pretty funny. I just HATE being called a druggie. When I hear druggie, I think of methed out crackheads.

3. don't bump your thread after only a minute.

I haven't really been called one much, not many people know I smoke. I think I would only really mind if some asshole mentioned it in front of someone I would rather not know I smoke, like say my boss. (actually happened once, friend mentioned it in front of a co-worker) Fucker risks my job because he needs something to talk about.

Yea, if it doesn't involve losing a job or getting arrested, I don't really care, fuck em, I like to smoke.

4. I think somewhat less of them if they label me like that. One time I was at a concert and overheard someone call some woman a "stoner bitch". I couldn't help but laugh.

5. I didn't bump my thread a minute later it was yesterday, and yeah its the druggie thing I dont like. I guess they just dont know what they are missing out on :smoking:

6. Actually he bumped it after 1441 minutes.

I am usually pretty open about my herbal consumption, but there are some people I definitely feel discriminate. What usually frustrates me is how naive many people are.

7. ah sorry, I didn't even see the date part... probably cuz I'm blazed right now. Anyways, welcome to GC.

Cheers.

8. well, OP, the truth is this... you arent a druggie... you ARE a pothead. which is not at all a bad thing. most of us on this site are pot heads.. i dono why a non smoker would be on gc.. but like you said, druggies are more pill poppers, crack heads, and all that fun stuff.. its just ignorant people labeling you as something they know nothing about.. dont let it bother you.. Usually the people who are anti-pot are booze bag dumbasses who know nothing about everything so... just ignore them, nobody likes them anyway. do what makes you happy, which in this case, is the great herb marijuana... :D

9. Depends on the connotation. From random strangers? No thanks. From friends that really know me? Sure, no problem.

10. It's just one of those "Yeah, and?" situations. Think about it like this: The important thing isnt that other people understand your lifestyle, it's that YOU do. As long as you're doing what you like, who cares what other people think?

11. i dont care as long as they arnt being disrespectful about it...its cool when ppl are like yeah this kid rocks awesome stoner...but when closed minded ppl diss on you its lame...so i just throw it in their face "yeah ima stoner wit a job and in college sucka dick":hello:

12. Well I am a stoner/druggie/pothead/whatever else so...

its not a problem :p

13. four words, "don't give a fuckk"

14. Agreed, they dont know shit, personally i dont care, i feel like its an honor to smoke the herb and i wear the title "pothead" proudly

15. i dont really care because i wouldn't give a shit what they say anyways. call me a mentally challenged walnut if you want.

16. i usually feel pretty damn high :D figuring thats usually when someone calls me one of those words

17. If you actually give a FUCK about what people think and say about you, yes, then maybe you should quit...

18. I don't really care, because I'm actually really smart. Most people at my school know that, so they never say shit anyways. Haha.

19. I don't give a shit because it's just a label.