How do you feel about roor?

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by BanditGlassWrks, Feb 26, 2013.

1. I have a red label 12" straight tube and the damn things unbreakable

2. I feel that RooR is high quality glass however extremely overpriced.

3. this is how most people on here feel about roor.

4. Haha, are you new to RooR or just glass in general, because usually saying things like this in the presence of clearly breakable things is sometimes called a jinx, which the relative chances of it coming true are directly proportionate to the price paid...

...if you believe in that sort of thing. :D

Good luck. May we never see your piece in the R.I.P. section. :smoking:

5. I feel it's really overpriced and your not paying for the glass, your paying for the roor logo at this point.

6. im not new to glass at all I just started blowing glass a few months ago but I got my roor from a friend for $30 yesterday and I just put it through a series of drop test and not a scratch

7. Pretty sure the only real german roors under 14"/35cm are the blue label series made of 3.2mm glass.

8. Nah, roor has a new whole new line of shit apparently, or it could be an old one. Pics OP!!!!

9. I dont think it german made because some slight imperfections also not the original downstem or bowl

ForumRunner_20130226_074719.png

10. RooR is good quality glass that is incredibly overpriced. Would never buy it myself, but everyone has different tastes. You can get a piece that functions much better for the same amount of money or less.

11. Smh... Very fake :(

12. I find this is commonly stated opinion whenever a Roor fan speaks up: "These damned things are unbreakable!". Guess what, so is ALL my collection of borosilicate glass. At least I am not paying $300 for a straight tube.

13. I like their traditional long tubed pieces . Very nice, you're paying for the name essentially.

+ Bitches love RooR

14. I love my RooR :D

Sure there are other brands out there with better toys but I wanted a good 7mm thick glass bong with ice notches and an ash-catcher and thats what I got. I wanted one for years so I'm happy that I got what I want and it does what I want.

The thing about glass is that its addictive, now I wouldn't mind a Toro to go with it :bongin:

15. I dont really care if its real or not hoestly I have way nicer peices I only paid $30 for it and who ever made it didnt do a bad job

16. Real roor is the bomb! I've had many roors over the years and they are outstanding. I personally love their beakers. I got 3 7mm currently. I love how people will say it's over priced but its similiar to buying a Benz or BMW. Plus sometimes in life you get what you paid for. This is my opinion and I know some won't agree with me but if I want something nice I will spend the extra to get what I like.

17. Well with buying a Benz or a BMW compared to a normal, cheaper car, you are going to get more features, better performance, etc. The opposite is true with RooR... less features, less diffusion, etc. Not hating on Roor, but I don't think the car analogy works here. With Roor it really is like you are paying for the name and not for the performance.

That being said, it's just different strokes for different folks. Buy what makes you happy and that's all that matters!

18. #18 Wied420, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
    Nah, Kia and Hyundai can probably offer plenty more gimmicky features than any high-end manufacturer, it's the HANDMADE QUALITY of a BMW or Benz that I'm paying for. It's the feeling you get when you sit down in a 3-series compared to a Kia Sephia, or when you step on the accelerator for that matter. Smooth and effortless in the Bimmer or labored and vibrating in the Kia.

Same with RooR. If I was going to buy one, it's not going to be because of the features or diffusion, it's because I love a tasty snap out of straight tube with RooR diffuser. A quality, hand-crafted bong will feel different in your hands than one pumped out on a production line.

If I was just paying for the name, why wouldn't I just get a $30 gas station bong with a Roor label slapped on it?:confused_2:

19. Authentic RooR is hand made with the highest quality of raw materials available and there is a significant difference in the quality of boro available today. Just saying that a tube is boro doesn't mean very much. Schott glass when compared to asian imported glass is night and day. German fittings are the world's very best and RooR uses nothing but German raw materials.

20. #20 SiickAnDNasTy, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2013
    I do not know why people complain so much about the price of roors. I paid 355 for my roor set up. 225 for a 14 inch 5 mm red label straight, 60 for a SG gridded DS then another 70 for a line worked B wilson. For me, thats one of the best straight tube set ups for flowrrs you can get. I wish could get that bitch for 30, everything around me for 30$ is a pathetic joke. Just telling you it aint real (if you did not know already). Although a lot of people do get ripped off with roors, so that sucks.