How do you feel about big name actors turning superheroes these days?

Discussion in 'General' started by Simpleminded269, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Idk what prompted me to think this, but I really enjoy the fact the big names like Bale, Downey Jr, and Norton are getting even more recognition as great actors by doing big superhero roles. I just think it's really cool, and I hope this trend continues for a long time

2. will smith is Hancock. another superhero movie.

i actually havent enjoyed a superhero movie since Batman Begins.
    hopefully the Dark Knight will fix this.

3. as long as they do a good job i'm fine with it.

4. I'm not gonna count Hancock as a real superhero. And that's a shame you've only enjoyed Batman Begins in the past few years

5. oh god hancock looks hella funny. want to see that movie hella bad.

6. oh yea.

daredevil and catwoman were great pieces of cinema.

7. i thought spiderman was pretty coool

go web go

8. "I love the smell of sarcasm in the morning..."

9. The thing I am most excited about is not so much the big name actors that Marvel is bringing into their universe but the fact that they are starting to tie the Marvel universe together. Be it Sam Jackson as Nick Fury at the end of Ironman talking about the Avenger program, or Tony Stark's cameo in The Incredible Hulk... Marvel is doing what they should have started off with and that is creating their superhero loaded universe on the big screen. Multiple super heros in the same movie.... oh my the possibilities!!!

The most exciting part of I Am Legend was when we see the billboard above his shoulder showing of a Superman vs. Batman movie poster, I nearly wept when I saw that in the theaters (the ecstasy pills in my stomach may have had something to do with that though)

10. internet sarcasm... i thought u were being serious lol

11. I think the caliber of the Superhero movie would have stayed at its peak if Joel Schumacher had not taken over the Batman Franchise. I mean you had Batman and Batman Returns, two solid movies... Superman 1 and 2 which were great (especially the Donnor cut) and the third one was not all that terrible.

Then Schumacher takes over and makes the terrible Batman Forever, Batman and Robin and ruins the entire genre. Then we get movies like The Fantastic 4 (1 and 2), Catwoman, The Hulk (Ang Lee's), Daredevil, Superman Returns (oh how horrible it was!) and ofcourse X-Men 3

The only reason X Men 1 and 2 were pretty good is that it is pretty hard to make a bad movie when you center it around such a bad ass group of crime fighters. Then stick it in the hands of Brett "The Rat" Ratner and watch him destroy a franchise in the opening title sequence.

12. im so glad nolan took over directing batman. One of the greatest directors really did it justice.

There are three things things that could make or break a movie.
    1)The writing- if its a good script the possibilities for a great movie are endless.
    2) the director- even with a poor script a truly good director can create a masterpiece from nothing
    3) leading actor- less important than the other two but if you have an amazing acting a movie can be great.

batman begins had 2 of the three- Great director and great actor. I think the writing wasnt that special but it was great because of the other two factors. Same with original batman. You had michael keaton and Tim burton.

the incredible hulk- relatively unknown director, eh writer but the best leading actor. We will see how it is. I expect it to be very good.

So i think that if its great having big name stars in superhero movies. If were gonna have superhero movies make them good. But they cant go overboard.