Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do you deal with the smell?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by srhs, Jun 16, 2010.

1. if i'm a daily user and i smoke throughout the day (i think that the smell just sort of sticks on you?) showers help but i sweat the smell out so by the time i get to the store, or work i stink like weed again. what should i do? i also think it might be a mental thing because i always get paranoid and think i smell like herrb.

thanks guys!

2. the smell of pot tends to come off of you and your clothes a lot easier than cigs, but it also depends what u use to smoke with how much your gonna smell as well. if your smoking a joint/blunt, or using a small piece, it always seems to stick to you a lot more, especially on your hands, but with a bong or larger bubbler or pipe, it doesnt seem to get on your hands, and a spray of cologne, washing hands, and airing out for a little, or just driving with the windows down when u go in your car, and its usually pretty much gone

3. this one guy at this pizza place used to step out back with a blunt w/ a rubber glove on and just smoke it then toss the glove lol pretty genius if u ask me.

4. hahah thats awesome, i may have to try that at work.

OP i consider my self pretty experienced with the herb, and i have come to realize after all these years, that most of the time I am the only one who thinks i smell like herb lol. :smoke:

5. :p yes

6. If you worry about the smell of cannabis in your sweat, there is a simple solution- fenugreek tea! Fenugreek is in the legume family that is used as a food source in the middle east. In fact, fenugreek is also supposed to be very good for your health. :hello:

If you put a spoonful of the seeds into water and nuke it for a couple minutes, you will get this yellowy-green tea that smells a lot like maple syrup (it has even been used as artificial maple flavor)! Add some honey or stevia (a a plant derived sweetener with 0 calories) and drink two cups a day. By the 3rd day you will notice that your sweat smells different! When you stop using it, the smell fades in a few days. You don't want to let the seeds stay in the water for more than 10 minutes, because there is a bitter flavor that can come out and also some goo forms around the seeds, so strain and serve without letting it steep for a long time. You can get fenugreek seed at most health food stores and larger markets. It is sold in tea bags and as a bulk tea in boxes. The bulk is way cheaper.

Granny :wave:

7. Geez Granny, if only we had the complete knowledge you have.

8. im confused here do you think your sweat smells like weed? Cuz im not an expert or anything but dont believe your sweat replicates the smell of anything you inhaled or ingested.

9. Unless you're an alcoholic, sweat usually just smells like sweat.

10. Eat spicy chinese cabbage kimchee every meal for a week and then tell me what other people say you smell like.

When we needed to prepare for certain operations, we would only eat the same foods as the peoples of the areas we were going to. Of course that also meant getting used to no after shave or other scented toilitries. And no kimchee because you really didn't want to announce yourself either. ;):cool: :smoke:

11. Most of this is paranoia. The smell sticks to your HANDS and BREATH directly after smoking, but a few minutes of walking outdoors, as long as you don't have either the herb itself (or what you were smoking it out of) on you, the smell dissipates faster than you might imagine.

It's the herb itself that smells, believe me. Put on a clean clothes, wash your hands, and chew some gum, and nobody's going to be able to smell it directly on you.

12. THC is excreted in your sweat. And so, it could be noticed by someone with a sensitive nose.

Usefulness of Sweat Testing for the Detection of Cannabis Smoke (full - 2004)
    Usefulness of Sweat Testing for the Detection of Cannabis Smoke -- de la Torre and Pichini 50 (11): 1961 -- Clinical Chemistry

Excretion of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol in sweat (full - 2008)
    Excretion of

And it helps to have walked this Earth for over 60 years- between experience and a thirst for knowledge, I've picked up a lot of trivia- some of it is even useful! :eek:

Granny :wave:

13. THC is excreted yes, but not the essence of the plant. Some things, like garlic do make your sweat stinky. But I have never noticed it on myself nor anyone else I smoke with.

14. I got a vaporizer and only one person has been able to smell it, even when using in their presence. Tobacco smells much worse to me (ex cigarette smoker).

I have also bought some essential oils that I can use in the vaporizor as well for aromatherapy. I got a stress reduction blend as stress triggers Crohn's disease.

15. Use the skunk method, bathe in tomato sauce of course. Works every time

16. My caregiver's sweat wreaks of bug, kind of... it has more of a buddish ammonia smell, but you can definitely smell it.
    I recommend that you listen to Granny's advice. :)

17. I have heard a few people on this site say their sweat reeks like week. Why is it so hard to beilieve? Everybody's bodies react differently. Just because you don't smell doesn't mean his body is the same as yours.

Sammy

18. Another easy method to be able to smoke almost anywhere without the smell is to water cure your weed if you grow yourself. It removes almost all the smell associated with pot. Give it a try, it will also improve the potency of your smoke. It does this by eliminating plant matter in the cure process. The same bag of weed once water cured will weigh less, the loss is from soaking it in water, breaks down the plant material. So less plant material with no loss in resin means more concentrated marijuana.

19. Question: Do you eat it? a lot? cause if you use majority baked goods then yes it is very likely you smell as in it's in your sweat. If you're talking about just the smoke? Then only the people who have been around it will recognize the smell. Otherwise usually people assume it's just part of your scent. Cologne or perfume, brushing your teeth, and showering helps:)

20. vaporize. No lingering smell. Only smell produced is similar to whatever the fresh bud smells like, which often does not have an odor which non-smokers would associate with cannabis.