How do you deal with the smell after harvesting?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 4Medical, Feb 18, 2014.

1. just chopped down 6 jack herrer, smells strong enough to heaven ^ 
    how do you deal with the smell while drying and such?

2. I either dry in my tent and run my nirmal filter, or use a drying box built out of a rubbermaid tub that exhaust into my ten, so the air still gets filtered.

3. I dry in my tent with a dehumidifier going too.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. just started another 4 jack herrer clones into flower a few days ago.  can i dry my harvest along with flowering in the same tent?

thanks for the replies so far!

5. Sounds like a good idea. Do you hang the buds from the lid or what?

6. #6 Doc-J, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
    I drilled holes on both sides, then used coat hangers to run across and clipped the extra off. Then i just use clothes pins to hang the buds. Picked up a 6" booster fan from home depot for exhaust with duct running to my tent and put small passive intakes on the opposite end. This is a smaller version im using now. The larger the tub the better so you can have more rows. My original one was a 55 gallon tote and held around two to three large plants worth. I harvest one plant per week now so the smaller one works fine.

IMG_20140218_194948.jpg

7. Its not advisable as light degrades thc. Drying is best done in the dark if at all possible.

8. off to hang them to dry, i have lots of clothes hangers and pins. 

9. takes about 5 days to dry

10. thanks joker, i hung them in the tent to dry so i could filter the smell.  put the ones in flower under fluorescent in the closet, that's where they were going but i planned to take the hps light with them.  but the fan needs to stay with the filter so i'll leave it as is until tomorrow.  actually if it only takes 5 days to dry, i could probably leave it as is for now.  thanks for that bongbol.

11. Dry in non used shower stall with small fan moving air. I cover/tape the whole shower front with plastic, then cover/tape the door entrance with plastic too.

13. thanks, i don't have an unused shower nor can i dry outside.   
    they're hanging in the tent, but the humidity is too high.  or i think it is as i've read so many different ranges.  currently it's 77% and the temp is 66.  i added damprid this morning that brought it down 1% so now i've added another container of it.  hasn't changed.  i added a heater and that brought humidity down but then humidity went even higher when i turned heat off due to temp being too high.  so it was humidity high/temp low 79/63 or temp high/humidity low, 91/43. 
    that's humidity 79, temp 63 and humidity 91, temp 43.  

any suggestions?  hope the damp rid is going to do a better job than it has so far, maybe it takes awhile?