Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

how do you cut/melt a hole in a beer bottle?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by baaao, Apr 16, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

i'm trying to make my own bong from a corona bottle but i'm stuck on how to cut the hole to put my stem in. do i try to melt it or do i have to use a drill? thanks guys.

2. #2 Wrecked, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
    Fill a beer bottle with sand, pack it as tight as you can.

Take a small nail, and with one swift hit of a hammer, hit the nail through the bottle. 70% of the time it will break, so it'd probably be a good idea to buy a couple 12 packs.

I've tried it but to no evail, others have success however. If it keeps breaking then try different nail sizes.

Another method is with a glass drill bit, their at home depot, but again, there is a high chance the glass will still break.

3. just learned that i have to use a diamond bit drills. please delete!

4. u can use a very fine diamond drill bit, or you can get a plasma cutter. I just go and buy a bong its easier.

5. +1 rep for being on this same line of thought and cool taste in beer

6. You dont need diamond drill bits... The nail method works, and even a normal drill bit for wood can work if the bottles filled with sand, just the chance of breaking it is higher.

7. Dremel and a diamond bit drill, use some water too. So bits of glass don't fly everywhere and it'll be less likely to crack on you.

8. Haha, can't cope with there being a better method than your somewhat ineffective one, so you have to keep asserting it, eh?

9. #9 darkstar2021, Apr 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 16, 2009
    I have done a lot of research on this recently, and it the best way If you have a dremel would be diamond bits and water as others have said.

10. yeah, the sand technique sounds cool.. but i'm gonna use the diamond drill bit lol. i just found this thread where this guy made a sweet looking bong out of a Goldschlager bottle (http://forum.grasscity.com/recreati...make-goldschlager-bong-glass-bottle-bong.html). i think i'm gonna copy him and make a bong out of a hennessy bottle! will try to find some time to make it this weekend and will try to post pics.

11. gr8 link

now I want a Jager-Bong :smoke::smoke:

Know what I am doing tomorrow:smoke:

12. Use a Dremel with the glass cutting bit it comes with. Nearly foolproof, and you won't have to buy a couple 12 packs to make one bong.

13. What the fuck are you talking about?

The dude said he found out the ONLY way to do it was with a diamond drill bit, I was simply giving him a cheaper, easier alternative.

DUH!!!!