how do set up the ventilation for this?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by ironmikeko3, Dec 3, 2008.

1. Whats up guys i just was hoping someone could give me a quick run through on how to set up all the venting for this grow room.

The grow room will be split into two sections left side for flowering and right side for vegging. I will be running a 400w hps and reflector that has the holes for ducting to be attached. The boxes construction is a wooden frame in the shape of a 8 high by 8 wide by 3 deep square. The two rooms will be seperated by black plastic bag stapled to the wood.

The outside of the rooms, meaning the walls will be made of panda plastic, which i will caulk sealed to the wood and then staple.

ok so there is the box so maybe now you guys can help me with this:

How to you set up all the ductwork? So far the only thing i definitly understand is that the exhaust fan which would be at the top corner of the flower room should have ducting which goes out of the box and into a carbon filter outside. I also know you need an intake which i was thinking would go on the floor of the veg room and the exhaust would pull it past the stapled on black plastic light barrier,into the flower room to bring the flower room the fresh air also and then suck it up into the carbon filter, but my problem lies in the HPS how do i set up the ducting to keep the bulb cool along with my plan i had for the airflow of the box.

Hopefully you guys can help ive already posted two threads to get some help and they just get pushed to the second page. a lot of people need help i guess

2. are you running an air cooled hood/reflector???

3. here's a quick diagram at my set-up..i'm more of a visual learner

Attached Files:

4. yes the reflecor will have holes for ducting? is that what you mean by air cooled?

5. i was thinking i donrt need to exhaust the veg room because unlike your two boxes i will have one spit into two rooms. But your diagram helped with an idea of lighting ventilation.

one ? though as long as i have the glass shield on the reflector the air leaving the room from the lights hot air out wont smell right? only the air coming out of the flowering rooms exhaust fan will smell, but i will put that into the filter so no smell.

6. #6 Mr.Tangent, Dec 3, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008

exactly, if the air cooled reflector is sealed with the ducting no smell will get out and you it can vent back out into your house or room, etc....you could somewhat heat a room with it to.......oh and if you use a booster fan buy a fan speed contol from a local hardware store $9bucks and you can control how fast it goes....
    and the only reason i vent my veg into my flower box is b/c when my flower box light is off, it get cold in there cuz they are out in my garage....

7. cool thanks for the help, i have another thread i just deleted and ill merge it into this one:

I want to have two mothers and up to 5 clones at a time in my veg room. What am i looking at in watts?

I want to turn two vanity light fixtures that hold 3 bulbs each into a cfl housing with y splitters so i can fit 12 bulbs in total.

I was thinking 6 42w and 6 23w cfl's all 6500k, if i understand the watts right that would make the room have 390w total, if the rule of thumb is 100w per plant would this be good, too little or overkill?

anything i need to know if my set up is right to keep me from burning my house down like making sure the vanity light can support that wattage since it is only ment to hold 3 bulbs and i will make them hold 6 bulbs each.

8. can someone help with this ^^^^^^^^

9. You may have temperature problems in your flower room. If you are venting hot air into there from the veg room during flower room lights on, then you could have too much heat. And if it's not too hot in the flower box when lights are on then it might get too cold in there when lights are off. Only you will be able to tell, by trial and error.

10. Are you talking about mine or the pic he posted?