Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do people get away with it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Pau1 Bunyan, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Because insisting on knowing strain names only gives you a placebo effect.

I bet that 90% of the people who smoke a certain strain, and know for sure that the strain is correct, will get the same feeling from smoking different weed with the same name, unless the sativa/indica ratio is very different.

2. It depends man. I've had sour diesel 3 times now, and each time it has been legit. The high is roughly the same, the smell, ect. It depends if you know someone legit or not. There's no reason to get hung up on names or not get hung up on names. If it smokes good, then thats great. But names really help if:

A: The name and strain is legit.
    B: You want to regain or recreate the high from a certain strain by purchasing/growing more of it.

3. Youngsters and their fuckin clorophyll :D

4. Just depends if you interact with people who get the weed and know what the fuck they're doing and do it good. Dunno what the college dorm room dealers call it once it finally gets to them, but I know when I get something from my dude it's what he says it is. :smoke:

It always looks like a pretty fucking picture perfect imagine of what the strain "should" look like, according to all the wonderful marijuana strain sites.

Besides that, I've been smoking for awhile and can tell you what a number of strains look/smell/taste like without looking anything up.

So, sometimes the name game is BS.. but, I personally don't have a problem with names.

5. Holy Shit! I laughed out loud and got my whole staff wondering what I'm looking at. That there is funny, I don't care who you are.

6. I for one don't really care. Its nice to have names even if they are fake so that if you pick up some super dank bud you like you can buy it again from the same guy. Isn't that the whole point of strain names? So who cares if its just a name the dealer or dispensary gave it? The name is just so you can find it again.

7. I get a stuff called No-Name yeh best shit around. Who gives a fuck if it has a name.

Yes its cool but 80% of dealers give ya bullshit. for more money.

I knew 1 dealer what got his shit from vancouver it was 100% legit strains...But yeh alot of fake names out there or "real" names but not the real kind of bud.

8. one of my dumbass friends calls it "SHTUNKEN" what the fuck?

9. Alot of dumbass kids in the world.

10. Meh, when I started smoking back in the 70s, the choices were pretty limited. Pretty much everthing available was some variant on local ditch weed. Only once did I get anything spectacular, and it was something brought back from Jamaica by a friend who went there.

Unless I grow from seed, that I pick up myself in say Amsterdam, from a known nursery I figure whatever offered is pretty much generic until proven otherwise.

11. The real question here is why does it matter? On the medical scene yes, you might want names to distinguish between sativa/indica blends. But especially if your buying from a dealer who the fuck cares?

12. The usual weed my guy sells he has no clue on what the name is so he just calls it red bud due to the red hairs all over the nugs. However, the weed he grows himself he knows the names of and I've looked them up online. They seem pretty legit, if not fuck it. Good weed is good weed, right?

13. I've never really bothered with names. Most of them are made up and while the ones with names are usually dank, it's just another reason for the dealer to jack up the price. I'm perfectly fine with using adjectives to get what I want.

14. I swear to god.
    I got charizard fire dank lemon-rasberry angel kush reefer X super bob marley dro-haze
    I SWEAR

15. I agree. There are enough ways to tell if weed is good before you even smoke it. But it's because people put SO much emphasis on names, bud color etc that it get kinda ridiculous. It doesnt affect me personally, but on the whole, all it really does is spread misinformation

But I guess..Live and learn... I had to at one point in my life.

16. Dude i got the hook up on some Gentle stroll through a windy meadow mid-autumn KUSH!

Interested!?

17. I already stated in this thread that I don't care about names. If it's dank I buy it. I have never paid more because of a name. That being said, something that DOES piss me off: "No dude I know it's legit. I looked it up online and the description was right on!"

Go read strain reviews. They feel more BS'd than cigar reviews. "Fruity yet earthy." "Uplifting yet stony." "Couch locked but motivated."

18. lol one day my dealer sold me some no name dank and really i only use the name for him to tell him what i want and it gets old saying "give me what you gave me last time" so i was messing with him about why he didnt have a name for the weed he was giving me so he called it xbox vagina kush, been puffin on it for a while now
    (btw, i just call him and ask for some xv kush we dont really call it that anymore lol)

19. Because names mean fuck all and the looks and effects re what matter.

20. I got some 'sweaty nutsack kush'