How do I wire 3 12s?

Discussion in 'Planes, Trains & Automobiles' started by DreamLurkin, Jan 31, 2014.

1. How would one go about wiring 3 12s to one amp? Is it best to get a mono or 2 channel? I know information is limited but I'm thinking about doing a build. Looking to get the most effective wiring setupthanks 👽Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I think a mono will be fine.

I've seen steven meade wire his with a threaded stud penetrating through the box and stacking terminals on the stud.You then bolt them down and you have a solid splitter for all your connections.

Do this on the positive and negative so you can run the monoblock to the two studs on the box. Just make sure you have atleast 2 gauge wire or else there will be too much resistance and it won't perform as well as it could.

3. best pic I could find,but this is a dual subwoofer setup

You should get nice crimps and a crimping tool to ensure proper connection

[​IMG]

4. [quote name="TCUB" post="19445484" timestamp="1391230785"]best pic I could find,but this is a dual subwoofer setupYou should get nice crimps and a crimping tool to ensure proper connection[​IMG][/quote]Great info thanks man!Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

5. Glad I could help, what kind of subs are you getting?

6. Geeze what do you have? An airplane? One twelve is plenty. 2 if you want to piss off the block. Yesterday's history. Tomorrow's a mystery.

7. Save the weight.....music is for home I like my ears to bleed because of my exhaust not music.

8. I love music, loud music.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

9. If your doing three 12s why not just do 2 15s , I have 2 15s they hit crazy much better then 3 12s would

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #10 B33PB33P, Feb 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2014
    2 15s would give you more cone area and would be easier to get an exact impedance instead of having 1.33 ohm load you could have a 1 ohm load and they would receive more power and hit harder since the added cone area

Sent from my HTC One