Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I use a glass pipe?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Konata, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Hey guys, it feels like a stupid question, but it kinda weirds me out.

I bought a glass pipe, but im kind of unsure how to use it properly?
    I'm also use to smoking joints, and this way of smoking seems like a waste of weed? But i hear lots of people saying how its more conserving then joints.

How do I pack a bowl? i was given theses little wire screens, do i use them?
    How do i take a hit?
    and how do i get the ash out after?

Heres a picture

[​IMG]

2. Put weed in the bowl
    Put thumb over small hole
    Light weed
    Inhale relase thumb
    Hold in for 2 secs
    Enjoy

3. If the bowl is like any other spoon bowl it won't need a screen.. Grind up your herb, pack it in the bowl, put the bowl to your mouth and light it up. Simple shit.

Enjoy :smoke:

4. [quote name='"Konata"']Hey guys, it feels like a stupid question, but it kinda weirds me out.

I bought a glass pipe, but im kind of unsure how to use it properly?
    I'm also use to smoking joints, and this way of smoking seems like a waste of weed? But i hear lots of people saying how its more conserving then joints.

How do I pack a bowl? i was given theses little wire screens, do i use them?
    How do i take a hit?
    and how do i get the ash out after?

Heres a picture

[/quote]

You don't need screens, just take broken up pieces of weed, place in bowl until close to top, push down, add a little more. Then put your finger over the side hole (carb). Then suck in holding the flame to the bowl, once it's lit pull flame away, suck to desired amount of smoke, let finger off carb while continuing to suck, don't cough into piece.

5. You can either break the bud into bits or grind it or just shove a small nug in it (wouldn't do that). Grinding gives more surface area to burn the best.

You don't need a screen, but a lot of people prefer them. They go in the bowl to keep the ash from falling through.

Put thumb on the hole on side (known as a carb)

Put mouth on mouth piece.

Breath in ( pretty slowly), light (if you're good, only light a corner of the weed to conserve fresh bud for the next hit).

Once you've burnt a bit, release the carb (hole with the thumb on it) This will draw in more air so all the smoke will enter your lungs.

Then the weed will stop burning soon (if not, put something over it preventing air from getting in the bowl, flat lighter if you have one)

Rinse and repeat.

6. Bro, wash your comb! that shit looks nasty...

That was my only input to the thread considering others answered your question already. You're welcome!

7. A bowl is a conservative method of smoking your weed if you use it right. All you need to do is pack the bowl by filling the spoonlike area with your shit ground up. Put your thumb over the hole on the side (called the carb), tilt the bowl to the side and use a lighter to spread flame over the weed for a second while you inhale. Then, as soon as the weed is effectively lit, you can let the lighter go out but the weed will continue to burn as long as you inhale. When you are nearing the end of your hit, let your finger off the carb on the bowl but continue to inhale for a few moments. I usually have a coin or just use the edge of my lighter to stamp the burning weed in the bowl out as soon as I finish my hit so it doesn't burn it all into the air instead of in my lungs. Bowls are much more conservative than joints if you follow those steps, and the reason is that joints have two components to them, active smoke and passive smoke. The active smoke is the smoke you inhale, the passive smoke is the smoke that is let off into the air around you. Smoke that is let off into the air around you is effectively wasted, but with a bowl, you can minimize passive control because you have control over the two components to any fire, air and fuel. When you get really used to it, you'll be able to get the perfect hit, every time.