How do I turn off email notification for subscribed threads????

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by VapeNStone, May 10, 2011.

1. I have went into my profile and put "no email notification" in the spot for subscribed threads, but I continue to get emails?? I am sick of getting the emails because people post in some of those threads like every 5 minutes. Please tell me how I may resolve this problem.

Thanks
    Vape

2. Changing it to "No Email Notification" is the first step, but if you were subscribed to some threads when you set that, the threads you were already subscribed to will still be set to having an email notification.

To fix that; click on Quick Links (second from the right on the same bar as the User CP) and then "Subscribed Threads".

Once there, you'll see a check box next to all your subscribed threads. At the top next to "Notifications", there will be another check box that you can click to Select All.

Click that. All the boxes should now have check marks on them.

Scroll down to the bottom where there is a drop-down menu that says Selected Threads: Move to folder...
    Click the drop-down menu and select "No Email Notification" under "Update Subscription Type"
    Then click "Go".

If you have multiple pages of subscribed threads, you'll have to go to the next page and do the same thing. But that will fix it all for you. :wave:

3. thanks junkiedays and vapenstone was going to ask this myself.
    my e mail box is stuffed full and its a royal pain sifting through all the bull.

4. wow thank you. Finally I don't have to hear my phone go "ding" every 5 seconds. +Rep!

5. No problem guys, glad I could help. :D

Just let me know if you have any more problems with it and I'll do my best to help ya out. :smoking: