Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

How do I tell my parents?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by cammatt, Dec 3, 2012.

1. I'll start this off by saying, yes, I am over 18.

I've been smoking for about a year now without my parents knowing at all, but 2 months ago they caught me. I had lost a roach and it some how ended up in the laundry. Basically I got the usually talk, "we're dissappointed" "We don't want you to ruin your life" yada yada yada.

A little while after this my sister was caught smoking and they had the same reaction. But when she was caught, my parents asked her if I still smoked and she ratted me out. Yes that was cruel but I'm over it. When my parents talked to me about it my mom said "If you ARE going to smoke just please don't drive, stay home and look at the stars or something." She said this with my Dad in the room as well.

Now I'm so confused, I have no idea if they're ok with me smoking. What she said sounds like she's sort of ok with it but it feels too good to be true and I feel like I'm reaching a point where I do need to come out and tell them that I am smoking, and the reasons behind it.

Help :(

2. They just want you to be safe. They obviously don't think it's harmful, but they don't agree with your views on it. Just stay out of trouble and you should be fine :)

3. Well what I'm trying to get at is that I want them to know. I want to be able to smoke without the paranoia of being caught by my parents. I won't even smoke anymore unless I'm guaranteed at least 3-4 hours away from home. It's really eating away at me and it's got me feeling guilty.

4. Your mom said it was fine as long as you stayed home. So tell her that's what you'll be doing. I don't think she'll have a problem with it.

5. Feels too good to be true. I guess it's worth a shot though, I feel like their reaction can't be THAT bad.

6. Just full out ask them how they feel about smoking. And get into a conversation about how you have been doing it on the low and how you don't feel right sneaking around and that you have enough respect and confidence to open up and talk about it to them. And tell them that you're not going to stop and would like to know where they think is the best place for you to smoke. (home, friends, car, etc)

I hope this made some sense dude i really do

7. The worst that could happen is that she'll be disappointed but aware. Your paranoia will be gone, at the cost of knowing how it makes your parents feel. Only you can decide if it's worth it or not. Our parents just want the best for us, but our views on that are bound to differ from our parents every now and then. If you do or don't decide to smoke in the house, if they know, you have no reason to feel guilty. :smoke:

8. and if they start to get loud, don't ever get loud. Be respectful and let them know i don't want to get into a debate and that you just want to have a mature conversation about it

9. Your mom used to smoke pot and watch the stars. Only a stoner previous or no understands how awesome star watching is while you're a cooked goose. So yes I think she's kind of ok with it.

10. I don't think they will. I have been keeping my grades up, working 40 hours a week, never smoke in the house EVER. What can go wrong? :smoke:

11. Made me laugh out loud. I know her siblings smoked, and she claims to have "tried it" but god i hope she's a closet stoner... I guess that explains the constant good moods.

12. Your parents are saying to just not be stupid and get pulled over high with weed in the car or stuff like that.

Also seems like your parents are saying "you can smoke, but just don't let us catch you" sorta deal.

13. Go lay in the back yard and light that bitch up!

Sent from my HTC Vivid using GC Forum Android app.

14. Honestly, I think the best you can is just come clean. Your parents trust is not something you want to lose. I was caught for the first time when I was 17 and I told my parents everything. Sure they were disappointed/upset at first (they had grown up believing all the garbage propaganda), but in the long run its for the best. They see firsthand now how responsible I am with my hobby and that along with coming clean in the first place only strengthened their trust. Although, it sounds to me that your mom knows and is at least okay with it if she's telling you to stay home and do it. I think she just wants you to be safe.

15. Dont. Just do it, and be safe.

16. I just told my parents when I got my first bong (16 at the time) She didn't stop me and just said be careful. Best to just come out with it.