How do I take out my male weed and what to do with it? Smoke leaves or hash them

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by mercury hayes, Aug 1, 2011.

1. #1 mercury hayes, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    Hey all...avid smoker new grower for personal use. It's been 45 days and I am starting to see the males from the females. I've done all the research and I want to take out my males early now that i see balls. Do I just yank the 2 males? is there a particular way? I have 5 other that haven't shown their sex yet. Help yoda!
    Oh and the 2 males that I've read to yank out...what should I do? Hang them upside down and smoke the leaves or should I try to make hash? The thing is that they just got their 5 leaf formed not too long ago. Is it too early to smoke the male green.

2. Are you growing indoors or outdoors?

You could smoke the male tops, but better to hash it, as you put it.

3. How can you make hash from a plant that doesnt produce thc?

4. Put bin bag over gently tie at bottom of stem, cut the stem and remove be careful you don't want any of those balls to burst also yes you can make hash

5. #5 Verdurous, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Afaik all Cannabis produces THC. Even hemp produces a small percentage.

6. This is the real answer. (And if it's in a pot, cover it, move it the fuck away, then chop, just to be sure.)

And as mentioned by KenjaminK, both males and females have resin glands, but females have a shit-load more during flowering.
    I've smoked some reasonably decent hash and oil made from male leaf and tip.

7. Thank you all for the quick advice...I'm doing a combo of indoors. I live and work in a fairly constantly warm climate. Ma not using any special lamps or chemicals and they have grown to be around 22-27 inches in these 45 days. Not sure if that good or bad. Put 8 seeds in a big pot and the 2 longest are males. Have been doing 12/12 thing real early since I have an abundance of sun and privacy.
    So if I understand I put a plastic bag over the 2 males and can hang them upside down to smoke? Eventhough the 4 and 5th leaves aren't fully formed? I have the ice and bags to make hash; but is that guy correct in saying no THC in the males. That's not what I read and saw on youtube. Thank you Yoda in advance.

8. Thank you all for the quick advice...I'm doing a combo of indoors. I live and work in a fairly constantly warm climate. Ma not using any special lamps or chemicals and they have grown to be around 22-27 inches in these 45 days. Not sure if that good or bad. Put 8 seeds in a big pot and the 2 longest are males. Have been doing 12/12 thing real early since I have an abundance of sun and privacy.
    So if I understand I put a plastic bag over the 2 males and can hang them upside down to smoke? Eventhough the 4 and 5th leaves aren't fully formed? I have the ice and bags to make hash; but is that guy correct in saying no THC in the males. That's not what I read and saw on youtube. Thank you Yoda in advance.

9. We want pics. And that is bullshit, as most of us have already said. Even males have resin. Hash it, don't throw it.

And 12/12 from the beginning isn't such a good idea if you have plenty of vertical space. It forces the plant to finish much sooner and will reduce the yield enormously.

(You might want to delete one of your double-posts.)

10. Yep your right man, males make some nice hash, hell guys that's what cannabis USED TO BE our ancestors used to smoke leaves stems all the time.

11. #11 Wardrobe, Aug 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2011
    Thanks for the support skunky monkey. Don't want people going away with bad advice.

No offense intended, Killarado42o, we're all here to learn.

mercury, a final point, don't hang the drying males anywhere near the living females.

12. Yank them up and throw them away.

13. Damn! Thank you all. When i first signed up to the City, I thought it'd be a good laugh but here I find that smokers of the world do unite in smoking the sweet green. So if I have it right from all...I put a plastic bag over the 2 males, get he ice bucket ready and can make my hash; and 45 day's is good enough time for the resin and THC to make decent hash. correct? as for the 2 females (showing their pistiles) leave them be and switch my cycle to 8/16 (16 dark, 8 sun). Is that good?

14. You are right man killem make hash

15. We do. Great, isn't it?
    You know, what attracted me to forums/billboards/newsgroups in the first place, many years ago, was the fact that here was finally a place where knowledge was freely shared, without obligation.
    Nothing has changed.
    This is a good place.